does ANYBODY enjoy their text for english? (1 Viewer)

moz324

HSC
i luvd Ros and Guild and The Real Inspector Hound. we havent studied them yet, but we have seen the plays, but we r going 2 c them again soon.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
well i really really liked Bladerunner/Brave New World and Frontline - two of the best texts we studied =D
though the stuff we did for journeys was quite interesting too
Lear...he takes time to grow on you i found myself on truly appreciating it like 2 days before the HSC exam (seriously) it suddenly all made sense in that mad rush for some strange reason

fractionalinice

HSC
i absolutely hateddd Jane Eyre, Othello was ok, we've just finished Huckleberry Finn and i hated it aswell, but i loved R & G, and at the moment were studying Gwen Harwoods poetry, which i like.. ahh english texts..

how we all wish they were DBZ, or DBGT...
*sigh*

TraceyPerez

HSC
meh it depends.

I like the TEmpest when many pplz dont.

------------------------------------

SUBJECTS:

Maths
Ancient history
Legal studies
Advanced english
Spanish
SOR

AIM FOR UAI >>> 85+

vallabhino

HSC
im reading emma and i wanna chuck it out the window
makes me mad just thinking bout it:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

whycant i login

HSC
lol. i know what you mean. to my classmates im freakish because i enjoy english ... and books

whycant i login

HSC
vallabhino said:
im reading emma and i wanna chuck it out the window
makes me mad just thinking bout it:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:
i agree 1 million percent. please chuck it out the window. Thats one less copy this world has to worry about. Emma is a bitch.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
i like the tempest, bnw and br, harwood, and im looking foreward to frontline.

they get tedious, but i do like them.

HSC
i really liked birthday letters for telling the truth, but that's because poetry is one of my favourite parts of english. hated my place, but at least it's an easy text.

as for emma, i haven't finished it and probably won't. it's clever, and amusing in its irony, but austen describes every minute particular in detail, which really irritates me. but i do like the BBC versions of her novels, as they condense all the description down. clueless is alright, but we're only watching it once.

we're starting the close study of text soon, we're doing king lear. i liked macbeth and romeo and juliet when we read them, and i've liked the movie versions i've seen of some of shakespeare's other plays. so i'm guessing i'll probably like it.

Last edited:

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
i think that if i read/watched texts outside of school i would like them but the fact that u have to analyse and pull them apart saps out the enjoyment factor for me.

stillwaters

HSC
^ agreed.
erm... i didn't like brave new world. i admire the ideas he has but the way the book is written didn't really grab me and make me want t o read it over and over again ten times while staying up. erm... blade runner was surprisngly interesting. ^^
erm... peter skrzynecki poems were good- straightforward but at the same time really beautiful... ><
antony and cleopatra excellant- except i forget what happens in the three quarters of the play it takes to get to the end point where ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA DIE (sorry for the spoiler :p) i also really dislike antony because he's such a hypocrite :(
erm... speeches also surprisingly good. and i like al myu texts for ext eng 1... except i had a bit of a gruge with margaret atwood at first...
anyway, i guess to summarise- i like most of my texts... id like them better if we didn't have to analyse them intensively but i actually kinda 'got' them more after picking them apart... hmm..

nandison

HSC
nah man , we're doing stolen and raw and i love them , its great and opens a new perspective to life.

HSC guy

HSC
Year 12 is the first time ever that i'm enjoying the work. For imaginary journeys we did the Tempest, that was fun. In last terms module we did Frontline, loved it. Now we're doing Harwood poems and it's the best yet. So yeah we have it great.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
1984 is awesome. Just started reading yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)