Does any of the prelim. course count? (1 Viewer)

kaylz

HSC
Does anyone know if the preliminary course counts towards your HSC? I heard somewhere that Maths does? If that's true then it screws up my plan of cruising through 11 and then putting in effort for 12...Bloody public schools, they don't tell us anything.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i heard that it doesn't count... thats what i heard..
the preliminaries are prob a practice for the trials next year, maybe because it may get us in the 'exam' mood, for the start of yr12 in term 4..

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
upto 30% of your HSC maths exam can be prelim content.
the other courses, im not too sure.

santaslayer

HSC
Most courses require preliminary knowledge anyway. That is why preliminary counts to a certain degree. Some courses specifically state that a certain percentage may be tested. eg. Maths and Legal. Both 30% MAX.

HSC
so far i know only yr 11 maths and legal are required in your HSC exams. i'm not sure about the other subjects.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Just as long as none of prelim physics can be tested!

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
yeah so year 11 doesnt count in terms of marks gained, but it does count in terms of the content and what you learn ( so you can go over year 11 work before the hsc and be all good)

MoNNiE

HSC
correct :)
most of the content- mostlikely all would be used in HSC as base knowledge to do more demanding problems...

astro

HSC
Maybe it's just ur public school which doesn't tell u nething.....maths is a two year course.....but i'm pretty sure that none of the assessment marks or ranks goes towards ur HSC...then again that doesn't mean you should bludge the whole prelim...coz they assume you know yr 11 stuff when ur in yr 12..

kpq_sniper017

astro said:
Maybe it's just ur public school which doesn't tell u nething.....maths is a two year course.....but i'm pretty sure that none of the assessment marks or ranks goes towards ur HSC...then again that doesn't mean you should bludge the whole prelim...coz they assume you know yr 11 stuff when ur in yr 12..
no ranks or marks from the prelim. course contribute to your UAI. only assessments starting term 4 of this year will begin to count.

astro

HSC
No i haven't got anything against public schools...i go to one and support the whole public school system.....

Last edited:

kpq_sniper017

Without Wings said:
do you have something against public schools? maths isn't actually a 2 year course...as you can drop it after one year and you have still completed the Preliminary stage and will get acknowledged for this...like every other course

everyone keeps repeating each other, etc within this thread

* The marks that you gain for your assessments in the preliminary course do NOT count towards your HSC
* The work completed within the Preliminary course is the basis for the work you do in the HSC course
* Up to 30% of Preliminary content can be tested within the HSC in Maths and Legal Studies
and repeated again i see....
:)
....but just with more emphasis.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Without Wings said:
everyone keeps repeating each other, etc within this thread
What is your point? :)

Because that sentence applies to almost every thread on almost every message board on the internet.

onigiri

HSC
yr11 doesn't count towards your HSC/UAI but some of the content from the prelim course is included in HSC, I think. correct me if I'm wrong.

capsicum

HSC
it doesnt count towards the marks but there's no excuse to cruise now since it's wise to know your prelim content for year 12. *slaps myself* gotta get back into work mode.

HSC
hey

um..i have heard that all the work that we do this yr in yr 11...doesnt count towards our final hsc marks..its basically just practice for yr 12 and some of the content of some of the subjects... {the only one i know legal) are in the hsc.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
pcx_demolition017 said:
no ranks or marks from the prelim. course contribute to your UAI. only assessments starting term 4 of this year will begin to count.
on another related topic, our school announced that we do get progress rankings after the preliminaries, in our reports.. but this is not related

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
well only maths is the subject wherein u can be tested on the prelim work!! n moreover maths builds.....so u def need 2 know ur yr 11 work before going on 2 yr 12.....but yeah only ur yr 12 assessments will count towards the HSC...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)