Does a relationship really require sex? (2 Viewers)

HSC
Persephone87 said:
Exactly! short term it is easy to go without, but when long term comes, why would you not want to?

Id like to know some reasons to not have sex when your in a relationship, love eachother, and are within the law's age limit?
It could be the aforementioned religious reasons.

Another reason could be differing priorities. Despite the fact that a couple may be very happy together, each may have commitments outside the relationship which, while not necessarily more important, are more pressing.

For example, work commitments, or perhaps more relevant at our age, study commitments. These factors and others combined mean that it may not be at all practical to have sex as often as may be desired.

I don't think this undermines the validity of the relationship however, and I also see it as perfectly normal for two people of consenting age to decide to wait. Might sound like a weak reason, but things such as this can make a significant difference.

Just to clarify I'm not speaking of complete abstinence, personally that doesn't do much for me, what I'm talking about is simply sex playing a relatively minor role in a relationship.

It's my opinion that a healthy, (long term) loving relationship should be able to survive an indefinite period of time without sex. Not necessarily due to choice however, as I've already said. I'm not so sure about long term relationships where people don't actually want to have sex :)

What if, for example, I was caught in a gas bbq explosion and suffered terrible genital injuries? I'd be a bit dark if my gf bailed on me just because it was going to take a while to heal! :)

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmmm.. a relationship doesnt need to incorporate sex if you dont want to, its a choice between the two, when they are ready to do it. :)

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
dark`secrets said:
hmmm.. a relationship doesnt need to incorporate sex if you dont want to, its a choice between the two, when they are ready to do it. :)
exactly, if a relationship doesn't involve sex, then its a choice that the two people involved in the relationship make for whatever reasons they may be. Sex isn't vital, it's a perk :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dont think sex is necessary but i think it, along with others, is a perfectly normal and acceptable method of expressing love (or lust) and its natural to want to take a relationship to that next level.

Acid

HSC
natstar said:
No, a relationship does not need sex in it to stay strong. I know this for a fact and from experience. I made my boyfriend wait months until we had sex, and if sex was totally important he would have dumped me, but no he respected my decisions to wait until I was ready. If u are in a relationship where all that matters is sex, then its not a very good relationship. When you are in a long term relationship and you can see yourself with this person for the rest of ur life then u will know what I mean
Was your boyfriend a virgin at the time? I had to wait a couple of months before I had sex with my g/f but I was a virgin so didn't really care too much. But now that i'm used to it it's going to be difficult to last...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
natstar said:
No, a relationship does not need sex in it to stay strong. I know this for a fact and from experience. I made my boyfriend wait months until we had sex, and if sex was totally important he would have dumped me, but no he respected my decisions to wait until I was ready. If u are in a relationship where all that matters is sex, then its not a very good relationship. When you are in a long term relationship and you can see yourself with this person for the rest of ur life then u will know what I mean
good onya, id make guys wait too, i mean its not forever and if they wanted to be with me they would wait a few months or however long it took me to feel comfortable with it

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
anticipation is usually the best part.

the event is kinda overrrated and usually doesnt match up to expectations.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I think its dependent upon how long you've been going out and whether the decision is mutual and unresented by both parties.

Wilmo

Child of the Most High
HSC
I cant wait till I'm married... Well i can wait, but you know what i mean. I wont have sex outside of wedlock, but i reckon its going to make it a lot sweeter :)

Most of my older friends went out for like 2-3 years before getting married (and they hold to the same beliefs as me). So as the other person said, if their relationships needed it, they wouldnt have survived as couples. But you know what your wedding night is for, so thats something to look forward to ;)

Theres a whole book in the bible about a sexual relationship... i wonder how many people knew that. And sex is necessary for the completion of a romantic relationship. If you didnt have sex, whats the difference between your wife and your best friend?

I reckon sharing something for the first time would bring you closer together.... and it is also symbolic of how much Jesus loves us, and wants to give us good stuff.

Asylum- Heres a strange fact for you: A mans beard grows the fastest when he...

anticipates sex. hahah

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I dont think relationships require sex...I had a 2 year relationship with no sex. sex can fuck up relationships to

HSC
A relationship does not need sex,
sex does not need a relationship.

But they complement each other nicely.

becstewart

well a relationship doesnt have to be based on sex.
if there is trust, friendship and all the other stuff you need to have in a relationship you dony exactly have to have sex
but sooner or later it probably will happen so haev sex when you are ready, not when your partner is forcing you to
be ready and you'll be fine
just dont rush

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
No.

There was a story on Today Tonight a while back and there was this elderly couple who had never had sex and they remained together and in love.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)