Doctor's Certificate question (1 Viewer)

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
Hi,

Does anyone know if a psychologists note is an acceptable form of documentation covering a missed assessment? Like does phych. note = doctors cert.

Any help on the matter much appreciated.

Thanks

henry08

HSC
N/A
It should be. Mental illness is just as acceptable as physical illness in msot cases.

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
Thanks for your reply henry08.

Just to add some clarity to the situation and give everyone an answer to the aforementioned question: Yes, a note from your psychotherapist is an acceptable means of communicating your illness and consequent inability to sit for an exam. In the note your psch. must agree that your condition made you unfit for work. The specifics of your illness do not have to outlined.

qmaz

HSC
yes, you do need a certificate to become a doctor ( or psychologist )

always.dreaming

sporadic attendee
HSC
N/A
qmaz said:
yes, you do need a certificate to become a doctor ( or psychologist )

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That is the funniest post I have ever seen. I commend the amount of work and thought that went into writing it. Bravo Qmaz, thanks for the lulz.

On a serious note, I found out that a psychologists note is an acceptable form of documentation covering any missed HSC internal assessment. The note must include two things:

1. The note explicitly expresses that the student was unfit for work for reasons beyond his control (illness, act of god, death in the family etc).

2. The missed assessment was scheduled to be sat/submitted within or immediately after the timeframe outlined in the documentation.

Example:

To whom it may concern

A Student was suffering the effects of condition X. This was complicated by condition Y. Therefore it is my professional opinion that A Student was unfit for work between Monday 1/1 and Friday 5/1 inclusive

Singed,

A Psychologist

Source: BOS (the real one), 'Policy Officer' I’m not sure of her actual title but you’re directed to her if you have any questions regarding what school can and can’t do etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)