Do you think your school will finish? (1 Viewer)

bimbo_

HSC
There is only 9 weeks this term and also 9 weeks next term (if you take into account that two of the 11 weeks will be for the trials).

Do you think your school will finish the HSC course in time?

Well, one thing I can say is that I don't think my class will finish Physics on time. We're doing the Space topic this term and I think we're going way too slow. All we've managed to cover is the whole first section,which is like only 5 short dot points (and we covered this one lesson last term) and the first dot point of the second section- and its already been 2 weeks. To make things worse, my Physics teacher's going on camp this week, so that's week 3 gone!!!

This means 6 weeks to cover almost everything, but many lessons will be missed due to excursions, assessments and competitions!!!

Arghhhhhhhh!!!!!

P

pLuvia

We're going to finish the maths 3u course by the end of this term, chemistry definately not, english definately not, japanese maybe

passion89

HSC
Don't worry about it - you'll finish.

The only subject I'm worrying about finishing is English Advanced because we are going through King Lear at an unbelievably slow pace but then...It is module B and one more module to go so it'll all be goooooooood :)

If it gets really bad and you can't finish, I guess you're gonna have to do some of your own work at home. Sometimes that's when you best understand it.

bimbo_

HSC
pLuvia said:
We're going to finish the maths 3u course by the end of this term, chemistry definately not, english definately not, japanese maybe
Your school is going to finish 3u maths by the end of this term?! That's pretty fast. If only my school was like that! We're so slow. I think we're only just halfway.

My maths teacher is so old and she talks really slowly- with a lot of pauses in her speaking. She's also very intimidating, so my maths class is usually quiet. I used to like maths before, but now, its so boring!

xx__savannah

HSC
Chemistry definately won't get finished, not at the rate this teacher is going, and last year we hadn't done half of Chem Monitoring before the trial, so this year will suck. The slow pace makes me want to go with last year's result insted of getting a new one.
We might be pushing it for Eng, but we're doing Cloudstreet at the moment, and Poetry next, so I'll enjoy these two modules hopefully, so I don't mind how long we spend on them :) I think we might finish the others, but it's no biggy if we don't.

A l

HSC
N/A
The school must declare to the Board of Studies that they have completed all HSC courses before HSC examinations begin. Therefore your school must complete the HSC course on time. If your school is going at a slow rate, then chances are, they'll rush the course at the end.
For my school, the only subject that we will certainly complete by the trial examination period, would be English.
At this stage your school should have already passed the halfway mark. For 2 unit English courses, this means two modules (this includes the Area of Study). For Science courses, this also means two modules. For Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1, this means having no more than ten or so topics remaining.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Our 2U Maths class has finished and we've finished the 3U Maths course. Chemistry we'll finish easily (just finished Module 3), Physics we'll get done with a little time to spare (nearly finished Module 3), and English and Economics we should get done in time. The only one I'm unsure about is 4U Maths, since we've just started Conics and still have Mechanics, Polynomials, Advanced 3 Unit, and revision of complex numbers to go. So far, we're in good shape though.

I_F

dodgyfilokid

HSC
I think we would finish ours on time or maybe earlier..we're already on the half way point on studyin Witness for Standard English and then just a novel for the next module then that's it...for economics...we're kinda slow but pickin up pace....only 1 more module den dats it....ipt..2 more chapters..maths...finish by week 7 this term.....religion..one more topic den bye bye and we dun hav anymore assessments on it apart from trials..modern history...2 more topics finished by at least week 8

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
english: yes, english ext: yes, maths: yes, biology: doubtful, modern history: doubtful, drama: probably (although it could be by a fluke :s). We're going unbelieveably slow in bio at the moment, we should have started the Search for Better Health topic at the beginning of this term and we're only just getting up to it now...half the class is still not finished the last topic (some of them arent very smart, but still). i guess it'll all work out okay in the end.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Besides Maths and SOR2 which we are fully rushing through, i doubt we are going to get through everything, which my business teacher has already connoted. At the moment i'm only really worried about getting through english and hoping that we have enough time to spend on the next module.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
business -> maybe!! .. might be able to squeeze 2 more topics (currently on financial and going onto employment relations and globalisation) before trials

maths -> probably. we're breezing through it atm.

English -> possibly; currently doing king lear and got one more module to finish.

IPT -> breezing through it. just got one more topic to complete (doing TPS and going onto multimedia)

Physics -> a bit of a toughy ... gotta finsh Ideas 2 Implementation (about half way through it atm) and Quantum to Quarks.

so overall .. i think my school MAY be able to finish the hsc course.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
English - Almost done Module A. Completed Module B and Area of Study. Looks like we'll finish before the trials, with a long revision session afterwards.

Mathematics Extension 1 - Just finished Series and Applications, got Circle Geometry, Applications of Calculus to the Physical World, Further Integration, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Projectile Motion, Simple Harmonic Motion and Binomial Theorem to go. We'll probably finish Inverse Trignometric functions by the trial period with a tight schedule for the last three topics.

Mathematics Extension 2 - Just started Integration. Completed Graphs, Complex Numbers, Conics and Polynomials. We'll probably be halfway through Mechanics by the trial period. Looks like we might rush Harder Extension 1 topics though....

Chemistry - Beginning section 2 of Chemical Monitoring and Management. Completed Production of Materials and The Acidic Environment. We'll probably be halfway through the option topic Shipwrecks Corrosion and Conservation by the trial period. Looks like we'll finish just on time.

Physics - Halfway through section 2 of Space. Completed Motors and Generators and From Ideas to Implementation. We'll probably be halfway through the option topic Astrophysics by the trial period. Looks like we'll finish just on time.

Biology - Very slow, I'd have to say. Just completed Search for A Better Health after completing The Blueprint of Life. We'll probably just begin the option topic by the trial period. Looks like we'll have a tight schedule for the option topic Communication to finish it on time.

karoooh

HSC
Maths: Started Trig this week, and then we've only got Applications of Calc. in the Phys. World.

Anc: Still doing Rome for some reason... We're meant to have started Cleopatra 3 weeks ago

Eng: On track with Module B

Phys: 1/3 or 1/2 way through Ideas to Implementations, then we're onto Medical Phys.

Bus. Stud: 1/2 way through E/R and then onto Globalisation

Am happy with the progress, except for Ancient... But we'll pull through!

abcd9146

HSC
2u maths, only probablilty left - finish by end of this term

3u maths, only binomial, permutations & combinations chapters left - finish by end of this term

eng, hopefully, but i've changed teachers twice in 2 terms...

eco, we should, we have an organised teacher

jap, 2 chapters left... - finish by end of this term

sdd, this is what im most scared about... my teacher is so lost, and i have to learn myself...

karoooh

HSC
^

Oh, hey, I forgot about probability! They're leaving that last minute, before trials I think, cos it's tedious and simple!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Advanced English > Completed AOS and Module A currently doing Module B (King Lear) English like most of my subjects has a strict timetable with all assessments planed out and given to us before we started the course and all dates are final. Easily be completed on time its just how much in class study time we shall get.

General Mathematics > Pushing forward much harder this term then previous so we may have been going to slow before but now I think we shall get everything done without having to rush things at the end.

Modern History > Again strict timetable 100% confidence it shall be finished on time.

Information Technology Certificate II > A little worried about IT although I have completed all competencies so far only a few modules to go but I have confidence in the teacher we shall complete everything with time to spare.

Software Design and Development > Teacher informed the class the other day that we shall be finished by early next term as per his plan.

I have full confidence that all my subjects will completed the HSC courses on time and hopefully without rushing giving us in class study time.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Generally, we probably won't finish the course by trials, but we will finish by final HSC. The school principal assured us this.

mmc754

HSC
English Adv: sure, but wheather we get it or not is another story!

Modern History: Deffinatley, small classes have advantages

Ancient History: Umm.. thats a tough one... prob... not

Aboriginal Studies: Yep!

Legal Studies: Yeah most likely!

By the way schools will probably lie and say they have finished the course...

But ... if you're heaps behind I advice you get an excel book and start to work in you're so called "free time"

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I really don't think schools will lie as they have to finish the course they may just rush it alot at the end.

greenapple^0^

HSC
omg english no my damn english teacher is never here
bio no coz our damn class doesn't shut up and our teacher which i love is too nice that noone really listin to him
drama yes for sure on theory work but i donno about performances as datz all depends on my group and my brain with my monologue
maths yes i think so...
and hospo for sure... ..:bomb: god we have such a small time .. god damn it soon it will be hsc arrgghh..mental breakdown:burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)