Do you think you are screwed in the HSC? (1 Viewer)

bscared

HSC
Well you shouldn't. You are just putting extra stress on yourself to achieve a level of academic success that is beyond your capabilities.
It isn't the end of the world. There are many alternative ways to get into Uni.
You might just think that I'm being too negative, but some people can't recognise their limits and how much strain they should put on themselves to go beyond their limitations (which is good) but too much can be bad for your health. Depression, anxiety, stress. You don't need to go though these just to get something (UAI) that can be attained elsewhere easier.
I undertand that I am no good at school. I'm a slow learner and academic success has never been reachable for me. But I realise that there are other ways to get what I want. School isn't the one and only chance. Your schooling doesn't depict where you'll end up in life. I just thought that I might be that little light at the end of the tunnel for under-achievers like me. And if you aren't one of us but are reading this nevertheless, well it just shows you that any hope in the dark is better than none at all, especially for those of us who never seem to have any hope to begin with.

Nelg

HSC
OMG YES i am so dead in the HSC my plan it to enter the hall and 15 mins into the exam fall on the ground and pretent to swallow my calculator just to get out of my exams
im not ready and with the anount of work i acctuly do i will never be ready

bubbly

HSC
Yeah. I know that i am screwed 4 the HSC. Ive only got myself 2 blame though. I would b feelin worse if i desper8ly needed a high UAI but i don't so i am not stressin 2 bad bout the possibility of failing the HSC.

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
u know what i'm sick of? i'm sick of all my teachers saying 'oh go2 uni, ur a smart girl, do something more with ur life than being a vet nurse cos it pays crap and u'll smell like dog dirt all ur life.' i'm sick of ppl who reckon that uni is the way to have a successful life, when being happy and doing what u want to do is actually the way to go.:(

bubbly

HSC
lizziegirl said:
u know what i'm sick of? i'm sick of all my teachers saying 'oh go2 uni, ur a smart girl, do something more with ur life than being a vet nurse cos it pays crap and u'll smell like dog dirt all ur life.' i'm sick of ppl who reckon that uni is the way to have a successful life, when being happy and doing what u want to do is actually the way to go.:(
I agree.

I've told my careers advisor that i am not goin 2 uni. (i'm goin 2 TAFE though).
& he keeps on tryin 2 change my mind.

Just then he stopped me in the corridor 2 try & persuade me yet again 2 change my mind.

I just wish that he would stop.

He & otha teachers.

There is no way 2 find out what u want in life unless u experience it 4 urself.

Fuck listenin 2 what otha ppl want u 2 do.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Although the HSC is the final hurdle I would hardly say I am screwed if I don’t perform as well in the exams as like we know there are many pathways students can take in life be that TAFE, uni, work, traineeships etc.

My advice following the HSC in regards to where to go next be that TAFE or uni etc do what makes you happy and what will get you where you want to be, ensure you conduct research and know that the path you choose will work out best for you.

As for the thoughts of failure and that you just don’t know your stuff. There is still time if you keep your head down you will be surprised how much you learn and what will finally click. You have worked\done the hours put in the time thus far you might as well see it through and put your best possible effort in.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
It's not exactly hard to what you will experience later in life..

becasey

HSC
N/A
im not screwed yet but i will be next year when it comes around to deciding wat 2 do next!

ice ken

HSC
lizziegirl said:
true. but then again uni is the future jobs are hard to find if you have a degree it would be easier. parents want me to do something good so i get a good job and life. and then just have fun and live life after uni years

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
LottoX said:
"I chose the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference."

Please kill me. Now.
Eh? Explain...

Basically what I was saying there are a number of pathways to success. Some jobs only require TAFE and if thats what people want then that is fine. Other maybe through years in a traineeships while others choose the academic path and get into a career through uni. Either way whatever path you take will be the right one for you.

People can be just as successful if they go to TAFE as they can if they go to uni. If you have a drive and are doing what you want to do you will be successful. Yes it is preferred to take the most direct route to these paths but that simply isn't possible for everyone so people have to think of the other pathways.

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I gathered that but its not the point, quite an arrogant view as not everyone can tell the well traveled path.

Yes *Ninny-mole*I do know it thanks, I just wanted him to explain his point as it was basically in my view mocking the other pathways. Just because people don't go straight to uni or choose Tafe over uni doesn't mean they don't know where they want to be.

Last edited:

*Ninny-mole*

The Power Is Yours...
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Eh? Explain...

Basically what I was saying there are a number of pathways to success. Some jobs only require TAFE and if thats what people want then that is fine. Other maybe through years in a traineeships while others choose the academic path and get into a career through uni. Either way whatever path you take will be the right one for you.
They were quoting the Robert Frost poem "The Road Not Taken". It's one of the stimulus materials for english. Don't you know it? Well, it's about how "two roads diverge in a yellow wood and sorry I could not travel both..." (OMG, kill me I know two whole lines of the poem...aarrgghhh...I'm a bigger nerd than I thought). Basically a guy comes to a crossroad in his life and must choose which road to take, knowing that the path he travels will change the course of his life. Much like what we all have to do now. I have no idea what I want to do, and I doubt sitting on my ass doing nothing will NOT be the right path for me. But it will probably be what i end up doing. My life is going to suck.
Wow, I really am pessimistic and whingy aren't ?

HSC
Mmhm I think I'm majorly screwed for the HSC. It seems no matter how hard I try (though I must say that's not very hard) I never get marks I'm happy with. I suppose it doesn't help that school makes me want to hurl nowadays. Six years of hearing everyone torment over their marks in this school is driving me crazy. I just don't like learning what we learn at school and it's making me feel out of place.

But I completely agree that the HSC does not determine the rest of your life or how successful you will be in the future. If you have a goal and continue to go for it, I don't see why you can't achieve it, good UAI or not.

That being said, I will still feel pretty sh*tty if I don't get into the course I want (which needs about a 93). Then again, as long as I eventually get to be where I want to be in life, I don't really care.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I don't think i'm screwed, i just think i've been beaten up pretty bad...

Still, i'm pretty sure i'll make it into the Uni + course i wanna be in.

-P_D

Aceagain

HSC
I feel pretty hopeless at the moment, my failure in 2u Maths, while predictable, is causing me grief.

The rest of my marks hover around low 70's through 80's to low 90's but I feel that i'm going to completely fail because of the maths mark. Thus the domino effect begins and I feel that I will never get into University and will become a complete failure.
:'(

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i dont think i'm screwed, but im not completely confident. i'm beginning to wish i had more than 11 units, because if i had 12, then i wouldnt have to worry so much about my maths results screwing over my uai, because in all probability it wouldnt be counted and all my other subs are in the 80's to 90's range so all would be fine. but yeah, knowing that my rather awful maths ability is going to be at least counted for one unit irks me, coz i know it'll drag my uai down. i better kill the hsc in everything else. :s

sinist4

HSC
" UNI IS NOT THE HOLY GRAIL"... so if you dont get in, then i guess its not ur thing. everyone is good at sumthing :), i though i was stuffed but now im pretty sure i'll get into uni and one of the courses that i like;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)