do you tell? (1 Viewer)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
if i don't like them/don't really know them that well, then no because of the aforementioned reasons. (don't want to get involved etc)

if it's a good friend, then i guess it might depend on whether i know the boyfriend/girlfriend. i'd be mainly nervous about getting it wrong and they weren't really cheating or whatever.

but yeah, i'd probably ask my friend whether she would want to know under those circumstances and then tell her depending on her answer? that's the easy way out, they can't get you into trouble if they said they'd want to know.

if i heard about it, rather than saw it myself, i'd actually be more likely to tell my friend. then i can casually mention it in a lighthearted way. like just passing on gossip/rumour. and if she doesn't believe it then neither will i.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
azzie said:
i have seen this situation in practice and im interested to know what other people think of it:
say you saw someones boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on them with another person, would you tell the one being cheated on or not?

does it make a difference if you witnessed it or heard about it from someone else?
and does the level of friendship change what you say? (ie difference between a friend and a best friend)
tell them 4 sure- if u have seen it with your eyes and you know without a doubt- tell them-
or if your not sure talk to the guilty party if that is possible- my 2 separate friends who didnt really know eachother coincidentally were going out with the same guy- so i told them both, and spoke with the guy after= very messy, but all cool now

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
well if they were a friend, then i would definetely try to tell them- but only if i was sure ... if it was a rumour then they would hear it eventually anyways.

by try to tell them i mean this- if its a female friend then i would just tell them
- if its a male friend there is no way in hell i would tell them unless i had some really strong evidence [ photos, footage etc] because without that they arent going to beleive you. its a fact of life that men beleive the person they are screwing, and ofcourse the cheater is going to lie about it. telling without evidence is just going to make you lose a friend.

if they are a really good friend, then i would go an spy on the cheater an try an catch em in the act with a camera.

if my friend was cheating and i wasnt close with his or her g/f then i wouldnt say anything... if it was a male friend i would probably even congratulate him.

if i was close with both... i would stay friends with the male...i.e if the male is cheating, stay on his side, if the female is cheating stop being friends with her because she cheated

Bradna

Mint..
HSC
Didn't read the whole thread fully, but what would happen if a chick asked you to tell them if their boyfriend cheated on them (so she asked before it happened)?
Do you tell then? Or ignore it and hope it goes away lol

stazi

Nightman
HSC
azzie said:
i have seen this situation in practice and im interested to know what other people think of it:
say you saw someones boyfriend/girlfriend cheating on them with another person, would you tell the one being cheated on or not?

does it make a difference if you witnessed it or heard about it from someone else?
and does the level of friendship change what you say? (ie difference between a friend and a best friend)
if it was my best friend, I would never tell his gf. if it was his gf, i would tell my friend.

HSC
Bradna said:
Didn't read the whole thread fully, but what would happen if a chick asked you to tell them if their boyfriend cheated on them (so she asked before it happened)?
Do you tell then? Or ignore it and hope it goes away lol
Why would people be together if they trust each other that little?

Edit: Re: the initial question, I' probably talk to the person doing the cheating about it, then talk to whoever they were cheating on if I wasn't satisfied with the outcome. Then again, it'd also depend on how much I liked the people involved. There's a lot of situations like that I'd probably just avoid, because unless they were close it'd be hard to do it without seeming like I was meddling.

Also, I'd only act upon it if it was something I'd witnessed myself, gossip is a poor motivation and a worse justification.

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
If it was one of my best friends, yes I'd tell. There's no two ways about it because everyone knows that if you don't tell and they find out, they'll probably hate you for withholding such information.

Plus, ignorance is not bliss and if her/his partner is cheating on them then they deserve to know what scum they are dating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)