Do you support the use of Torture ? (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
I gather he didn't like it! mind you, waterboarding would be pretty diificult to go through, even if it is by choice!

Joel8945

HSC
Do you support the use of Torture against terrorists and other criminals?
I'm so against torture!

There is no justice in torture! Primarily because the people behind doing these tortures are so corrupt its not funny!

I was watching Killing in America (Its a film made back in the 80's about how America was, i.e. assasinations of political members due to some people wanting the other side to win oh and criminals in America). Anyway it showed the US soldiers going through Vietnam during the war and just shooting civillians for the sake of it.

What people do in times of war is hideous.

So ultimately I must say that I am against torture

HSC
im sooooo against torture

this one time i was watching this documentary i think it was called platoon anyways it showed this soldier going through and torching innocent civilians

so ultimately i must say i am against torture

pman

Banned
HSC
im sooooo against torture

this one time i was watching this documentary i think it was called platoon anyways it showed this soldier going through and torching innocent civilians

so ultimately i must say i am against torture
<qoute>I'm so against torture!

There is no justice in torture! Primarily because the people behind doing these tortures are so corrupt its not funny!

I was watching Killing in America (Its a film made back in the 80's about how America was, i.e. assasinations of political members due to some people wanting the other side to win oh and criminals in America). Anyway it showed the US soldiers going through Vietnam during the war and just shooting civillians for the sake of it.

So ultimately I must say that I am against torture </quote>

We arn't asking about any war crimes othe rthan torture!

What the yanks do is entirely up to them, unless they are doing it to me!

Smile_Time351

HSC
That may be so, but it is also necessary. Our soldiers are working to uphold the system we live under and the life we enjoy, they provide us with freedom, the last thing we should be doing is having the pure audacity to question the methods by which they provide it.

As such, I support torture, if it's our guys doing it.

pman

Banned
HSC
There is no our guys. "The enemy is anyone who is going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on."

You have to be a naive fool to think that if you give people sweeping powers, where they aren't answerable to anyone based on national security provisions, that they will only use it on the "bad guys."

Who are the "bad guys?" Real life isn't like a movie. We are all a bunch of flawed, corruptible human beings, and giving certain human beings immense power over others is an extremely dangerous thing.
So true, human nature means that these people will do anything to take command and not lose it agian... Look at sudam hussain and robert mugabe

nick1689

HSC
If one guilty person has to be tortured to save the live of 1000, or even 100 innocent people, im all for it. While it is morally wrong, it's necessary

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
If one guilty person has to be tortured to save the live of 1000, or even 100 innocent people, im all for it. While it is morally wrong, it's necessary
Many people would agree with this, the problem is that torture can never be trusted to provide reliable information. People will say anything under duress, whatever the torturer wants to hear.

In the event of a looming crisis, it's also rare you would have sufficient time to find someone guilty, beyond all doubt, in a formal independent trial, conducted in a court of law, in the short space of time it would be necessary to avert the crisis.

Practically, you would have to torture people who haven't been formally found guilty, which will inevitably mean mistakenly torturing people who are innocent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)