Votes: 35 39.8%
  • NO

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Half-Half

Votes: 32 36.4%

• Total voters

MoNNiE

HSC
i'd get my arse wacked if i started to volanteering at uni..

anyways uni is pretty good so far... though for some reason i have this habbit of randomly selecting people and start talking to them - plus scaring the living crap out of them

anyways.. i'm asian and i'm a dumb arse -- c i'm not a stereo typical asian... ! just a dumb-blonde aussie asian..

layzie bone

I'm not comfortable, there are very little Asians in UWS (well its alright, but not too much), and I'm used to chilling with Asians, remember how in high school you have them same culture groups at lunch time? I miss that shit.

But that's not why I hate uni, I hate travel, I hate my course, I hate the fact that there is jack shit to do at uni, no one gives a shit about you and work is being thrown at you at an unimaginable pace. Fuck this shit... I'm going to TAFE so I can get into a much better course with more references.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MoNNiE
i'd get my arse wacked if i started to volanteering at uni..
i dont know about TIB, but i need to...coz im in BSc at the moment, but I want to transfer to BOccupationalTherapy, and they take all that shit into consideration

Uni's okay, but everyone told me that uni was alot easier than TEE (I live in WA so that's HSC for all u guys) but I don't think thats really true... cuz in highschool we had like a smaller text book which we got the whole year to learn.. now for Financial Accounting I've got a huge ass book that i have to learn in one semester!
Also, we got through one chapter every lecture (one chapter is like 60 pages)!!!

so it's harder than what i was expecting ... but it's alright ...

i like the fact that we dont have to wear uniforms... but i hate the fact that it takes me upto an hour to get to uni... that sucks!

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
i love it! our lecturers are friendly, fun and approachable (maybe because most of them (for my course) are pro artists - yet they don't take things too seriously, which is a relief!) The on-campus lifestyle is fantastic, there's lots of interest clubs to join, always something to do (last night there was an "outback night" barn dance thing, we all dressed up like hillbillies, what a scream! It was sooo much fun!!)

i think the only downside is having to be self-motivated to start assignments early, and having to do things for yourself..with no-one forcing you! (but that's also a good thing). I'm not looking forward to having to make tute presentations either... but most of our classes aren't too big - so it shouldn't be very scary :)

yeah - overall, it's great, i love it! :D

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by layzie bone
I'm not comfortable, there are very little Asians in UWS (well its alright, but not too much), and I'm used to chilling with Asians, remember how in high school you have them same culture groups at lunch time? I miss that shit.

But that's not why I hate uni, I hate travel, I hate my course, I hate the fact that there is jack shit to do at uni, no one gives a shit about you and work is being thrown at you at an unimaginable pace. Fuck this shit... I'm going to TAFE so I can get into a much better course with more references.
hmmm yeah i guess i'm used to the alarming number of asians at my high school :D but it's not a bad change. which campus are you at? and yeah i HAAAAAAAAATE all teh travelling. i really need to get off my ass and get my license... but then i need to save for a car :eek:

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
my stat tutor speaks this fucked up korean-english hybrid that even the korean students battle with

that makes me hate the subject

i must say at macq there aren't as many asians as I expected. In law, but more surprisingly, there are fewer than I expected in the commerce subjects. Not that it matters, I haven't met many new people except for a few girls because I have heaps of school friends there - I have a few asian mates there doing actuarial, the rest are at UNSW where they fit in and I feel like a foreigner!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Apparently that's called "Konglish", or so my Korean friends claim.

I still like uni, though having to do work again after eight years is a pain. Still, I'm getting into it, which is a good thing. Hooray Prelabs.

Generator

HSC
N/A
UTS must be a great uni if you have to change your learning style so soon... That or you want to go for a distinction and beyond average. The general saying is that passes get degrees, but if you can get a credit/distinction while cruising through... It's not the best idea, but eh.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
My course is pass/fail..... all I can get is a pass, it's dumb!!!!! I want more dammit! I need something to motivate me!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
I need something to motivate me!
how about the fact that you have to pass... i dont know but maybe due to the nature of your course it may be somewhat difficult to attain a pass???
well im 90% sure that i just failed my first uni assessment- shit happens ay

sunny

meh.
HSC
My motivation for a HD average is to get into honours first class :D

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
My course is pass/fail..... all I can get is a pass, it's dumb!!!!! I want more dammit! I need something to motivate me!
It sounds like you need to get out of HSC mode. You don't need anything more than a pass at uni, you get the same certificate as some with HD average. Thats the only good thing about uni!

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i have hated my course since 2nd sem last year. It's boring, the majority of the teachers/profs/tutors piss me off and the course could be run at a high school its so simple... my sister could do my assignments for me ffs.

I want to transfer out to UTS or USyd but i hate travelling and i don't have the money to move into the city. So i'm stuffed as far as that goes.

As for motivation.. i wanted to get into The Golden Key Society thing... but i have no motivation to go to uni anymore and i don't care if i pass or fail. If i get a job this year that i enjoy to an extent i'd prolly drop uni entirely or do the absolute minimum.

BTW.. did i mention i hate uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)