Do you people have to do this for your assesments? (1 Viewer)

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
Well basically for our ideas to imple. assesment its a researchy one where we have to build a 3D model of a super conductor... this is so stupid. we are doing physics not art! and the actualt analytical part is a conversation between einstein plank and hertz i think..

What the hell is this.. why so creative, i personally dont see the point of a 3D model, which also gains 2 marks for originality - so subjective

Do you of you have to do models for physics or chem?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
well .....hmm.. my class had to build a model rocket (that worked) for our space assessment... and i must admit it was soooo fun...

not sure if well need to make/build something for ideas to implementation but i highly doubt it...

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
-Swifty- said:
Well basically for our ideas to imple. assesment its a researchy one where we have to build a 3D model of a super conductor... this is so stupid. we are doing physics not art! and the actualt analytical part is a conversation between einstein plank and hertz i think..

What the hell is this.. why so creative, i personally dont see the point of a 3D model, which also gains 2 marks for originality - so subjective

Do you of you have to do models for physics or chem?
Same here, but we are doing semi-conductor instead.
but we have to think of an analogy, ie, frogs leaping from one place to another which represent the movement of electrons.
Then have to write a story, explain it, then evaluate it etc..
Hence even harder. =/

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
(^o^) said:
Same here, but we are doing semi-conductor instead.
but we have to think of an analogy, ie, frogs leaping from one place to another which represent the movement of electrons.
Then have to write a story, explain it, then evaluate it etc..
Hence even harder. =/
yeah soz i got that wrong ours is a semi conductor showin how electrons jump bands etc... ahh

i duno how im going to show them jumping hm..

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
is it exactly like our assignment?
we have to make the model on that day though, in class.

Helstar87

HSC
We only have 4 assessment tasks, for the first one we have to make a projectile launcher and test it (kinda boring), then we had our half yearly, a research task and .... our trial :-( I spose it's ok having to make something as long as you can understand what it is you're actually trying to demonstrate. How much of your assessment mark is it worth?

Abtari

HSC
Semiconductor Model /dialogue Assessment

yea, we have to do an assessment where we have to make a semiconductor model and i have no idea how i should go about doin it.
then the second section is like a dialogue thing between einstein and planck and their opposing views about whether or not scientific research is removed from social and political forces.

and the funny thing is they didn't even have any debate, or opposing ideas, at least thats what i think. and who would say that scientific research is absolute and doesn't depend on social and political factors, anyway? its so lame... :rolleyes:

illusions

HSC
N/A
No... our assesments are either pracs or exams...

pinto

HSC
we have to model semi conductors in terms of electron and hole movement. im stumped for ideas. the only one i have isnt mine, its from the csu website (using egg cartons and ball bearings). so if any1 does have a good idea plzzz post it!! i need sum inspiration!!

skyby

HSC
i have that same assement task. a person in grades before us did this thing with cooking oil. rice in one and styrofome in the other i think. gravity would pull the rice down in the oil and the styrofome would float. its a pretty god idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)