Do you listen to your friends advice when it comes to partners? (merged) (1 Viewer)

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Do you listen to your friends advice when it comes to partners?

Someone told me this morning that you can tell your true friends because they are always brutally honest when it comes to your girlfriends.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
depends.

situation 1: you've known me for years. YEARS. you claim that we have a strong friendship, and that the girl you're going out with for three weeks would not make you forget our loyalty towards each other as mates.

i tell you that she cheated on you with two guys.

she admits to it.

you refuse to talk to me again.

(true story!)

but then again, I've been going out with my boyfriend for about 2 years, and you just can't have friends go up to you and go "stef, your boyfriend isn't all that". I mean, geez, disrespectful.

but in early days, its kinda cool. your true friends should support your decision if you look like you're into him/her, unless something is drastically wrong

Last edited:

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Grobus said:
Someone told me this morning that you can tell your true friends because they are always brutally honest when it comes to your girlfriends.
Yeah no matter how much ppl deny it, theres always a "i wonder wat my friends would say" factor in relationships (strating ones)

I guess if their old friends then yeah they would be totally honest and not try to walk around it.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Wat ur friends think...

Wen starting a new relationship with someone, how much consideration do u place on wat ur friends would think/say of the person? Has it ever stopped u goin out wif sum1?

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
99.9% of the time i really couldn't care less what other people think. My girl, my decisions.

HSC
shady_03 said:
Wen starting a new relationship with someone, how much consideration do u place on wat ur friends would think/say of the person? Has it ever stopped u goin out wif sum1?
Your friends are with you for life. They may have real concern for you.
Boyfriends/Girlfriends Come and Go

on the other hand...
they could just be jealous of your new gf/bf.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Jago said:
99.9% of the time i really couldn't care less what other people think. My girl, my decisions.
So how would u react if she wasnt that good looking, and ud think ur mates would be like "oh shes ugly"???? would u still not care even tho they mite be talking about it behind ur bak?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Jago said:
same.......

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
It can't hurt to ask for advice, aslong as you make your own decisions in the end.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
shady_03 said:
dats a good attitude to have (in theory) but does it alwayz work?
hmm not always, but I guess sometimes we have to learn the hard way.Sometimes we only see what we want to see, or believe what we want to believe.

shady_03 said:
So how would u react if she wasnt that good looking, and ud think ur mates would be like "oh shes ugly"???? would u still not care even tho they mite be talking about it behind ur bak?
You shouldn't worry about what others think or could be saying, as long as your happy thats all that matters.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
hmm not always, but I guess sometimes we have to learn the hard way.Sometimes we only see what we want to see, or believe what we want to believe.

You shouldn't worry about what others think or could be saying, as long as your happy thats all that matters.
Yeah i guess ur mind should be made up by u and not ur friends. ur the 1 dat makes the decision in da end.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
shady_03 said:
Yeah i guess ur mind should be made up by u and not ur friends. ur the 1 dat makes the decision in da end.
You mean the decision will effect you in the end.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
shady_03 said:
if they were really mates they wouldnt talk about her in that manner.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Jago said:
if they were really mates they wouldnt talk about her in that manner.
yeah i guess so ... its just the whole thing about how much influence ur friends should have, i meen its about you and ur life/hapiness but i guess they still play apart of it .... maybe u shouldnt care altogether, even tho it may b a bit hard

50Cent

The Protege
HSC
you can say all that shit about how people shouldnt care but on the inside you know they all do, now come suck it shady lol.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
50Cent said:
you can say all that shit about how people shouldnt care but on the inside you know they all do, now come suck it shady lol.
Try hiphophorray, he likes very small dicks

Newayz yeah u can say it, but in the end u still think wat ur friends are thinking.... thats fuked up

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
if my best friend has a boyfriend that i dont like 9which has happend many a time) i tell her straight out.
she respects my decision, but she stays with him, coz she likes him.
I respect her decision to stay with him, yet she knows that i dont like him, so she doesnt talk about him as much, or mention him in convosation or anything.

she does the same to me.

its not as though if we dont like the guy who each other is with, we are going to force the relationship apart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)