Do you listen to music while you study? (1 Viewer)

Do you listen to music when studying

• Yes (often)

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Yes (occasionally)

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Never

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters

patryzz

HSC
minimal and tech house i find gets me in the study mood

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I work best in silence, but my family are noisy and annoying as fuck so I need something to drown that all out when they're home. White noise works well but I found that if I listened to it for long periods of time and then suddenly stopped my hearing went weird for the rest of the evening so I stopped that except for when I do past papers under exam conditions. Now I listen to "classical" (as most people would call it) or some ambient electronic music like Aphex Twin.

Dubstep/Hardstyle works well for when I'm doing maths homework because it gets me pumped up and I work through questions a lot faster.

If I'm doing research or something that's not really intellectually challenging like writing summaries I'll listen to whatever I'd normally be listening to.

EDIT: Forgot to mention drone metal, which I've recently started listening to. In particular, this.

Last edited:

Domsky

HSC
Yes, i started listening to music while studying when i was in yr 11 from then on it help concentrate and made more motivated....
Well i guess it's due to the music i listen to which really wakes me up and makes me want to keep on going in everysubject hw im doing....

But im trying this alternative technique when i listen to music on a particular day and see how well i go and other days i dont...then i compare the difference...

2xL

HSC
Doing day-by-day homework, yes.
Studying for Exams, no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)