do you like the subjects you chose (1 Viewer)

billbuilds

HSC
i was thinking about this the other day when i was talking to my friends about the subjects they do. e.g. i dont do history but my friend does and i was watching a documentry about second world war but he would rather watch jackass ect. i asked him if he likes history as a subject and the only answer i could get was yeah it pretty easy. i got pretty much the same answer from everyone that i asked.

how many people like their subjects. NOT because:
- they will get you good marks in the HSC
- they are easy
- you dont have to do work in class
- the subject will get you the job you want

do you study because you like the work and learning new things? is studying a chore or something that you enjoy? if you didnt have to do it would you still do it? even if you not the best in the class, you may be the worst but you still like it

Not meaning that you dont do other work and that it still will get you a good UAI but still have fun in the proscess
*sorry about the wording, english isnt one of the subjects that i like.

744rach29

HSC
I dont particularly like any of my subjects but i doubt i would like them even if i could change them. I dont like english because of the strong emphasis on creative writing which i SUCK at. I dont like maths because there is so much damn work and i dont find any of the stuff we learn to be useful. I would have to say that Biology would be the subject i dislike the least beacuse i find it interesting but i hate the shit topics involving evolution so i still dont like it all that much. There's no pleasing me really lol.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I enjoy all of mine, parcticularly the sciences and maths. I only really dislike english.

Chocolat

HSC
Well I like Biology, French Cont, Portuguese Cont, Maths 2U (funnily enough, they're my best subjects....). But I have a sincere dislike for Chemistry (makes me sad :(), Advanced English (talk about a pain in the derriere:p) and Religion...

ane_st

HSC
I like all my subjects except for maybe modern....

I was stupid in yr10 as if i wouldve chosen a subject cause it scales up!!!

I shouldve chosen ext eng but :(

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I can see the merit and the skills and knowledge leant in a lot of my courses whether I like them or not is a variable dependant on the teacher, class, course content and generally how hard\easy the course is. With Modern History the course definitely changed for the better in HSC year I like the class discussion especially on what we think about personalities and events etc brings a whole new meaning and light to the course.

Other then that I being a computer orientated person did like the Software Design and Development major project as it combined both practical and theory skills. Although the rest of the course isn’t that exciting. Information Technology Certificate II is another course I would say I enjoy. Although the course is rather easy getting cert II at the end is worse it and its has given me the opportunity of work placement and practical skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)