do you have to do your first intern 2nd year 2nd semester? (1 Viewer)

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
do you have to do your first intern 2nd year 2nd semester? reason im asking i wanted to no what date the first intern finishes? is it late november? late december? etc

if i cant mangage to get my first intern done in 2nd year, can i do it in 2nd semester, 3rd year? and do another 2nd semester 4th year?

thanks

MoNNiE

HSC
bigboyjames said:
do you have to do your first intern 2nd year 2nd semester? reason im asking i wanted to no what date the first intern finishes? is it late november? late december? etc

if i cant mangage to get my first intern done in 2nd year, can i do it in 2nd semester, 3rd year? and do another 2nd semester 4th year?

thanks
I did my 1st intern during the 1st semester of second year & my 2nd one during the 1st semester of 4th year.

It doesn’t matter when you do it as long as you don’t leave your 1st internship too late (like when you reach 4th year like some people I know, then you will be in trouble!!)

It’s entirely up to you when you want to do it. My suggestion is do your 1st internship early.. so at least you know WTH your getting yourself into (if your doing the civil strand usually you'll do estimation or site inspections or surveying.. nothing that vigorous). However in saying that, I have heard of cases where people have been placed in those situations that are beyond their own capabilities.. but ehh you learn :p

In regards to the 2nd internship I had no intention of doing it until late 4th/early 5th year! But I ended up doing it in 1st semester 4th year (I was playing around on I2MS and just submitted my resume thinking I wouldn’t get any positions! But in result I had a few offers. so I just took the opportunity). The problem with doing it so early is some of the subjects are uni do help in some ways. Such as Structural Design if you end up in a structural consultancy or Geotechnical Engineering if your doing earthworks (that’s my personal opinion.. I did Geotech during my second internship, and I found it semi useful)

My personal opinion in regards to your 2nd internship is to leave it as late as possible, because employers would be looking for graduates at the same time, if they see ur going to graduate at the end of the year, they would have some preference towards you...

Hope that helped 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)