Do you get some sort of bus pass in Uni? (1 Viewer)

HSC
So travelling to Macq by Bus is $5 and travelling back home is another $5 which means I might be spending $10/day or $50/week on transportation :S

Do they like give you some sort of bus pass to allow you to travel by bus for free?

Or do they give you some sort of concession card which reduces the bus fare? (If so, how much do you pay instead of the $5?)

Thanks.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
ConquerDiscover said:
So travelling to Macq by Bus is $5 and travelling back home is another $5 which means I might be spending $10/day or $50/week on transportation :S

Do they like give you some sort of bus pass to allow you to travel by bus for free?

Or do they give you some sort of concession card which reduces the bus fare? (If so, how much do you pay instead of the $5?)

Thanks.
dont u still have your concession card for public transport from school? the one with the cityrail sticker?

it expires 31/3/2009, and so it's sstill good up till we start uni and get our new card

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
Is it just one bus 2 uni 4u? If so, get a concession Green 10-ride ticket. They're about $20.

Single fare concession sets u back around $2,50...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
When you get your student card you also need to get a sticker put onto it, allowing you to concession for travel. You are only entitled to the concession if you are an Australian student and studying full time.

hellopian

HSC
I usually get the bus from Epping station to Mac Uni. You can buy a blue travelten for 7.20 (from newsagents or ticket window) so like it'll cost you 36 a week (providing you go a full week). You can ask for a student travelten with you mac card, otherwise it'll cost like double that or something. But like everyone else said you have to get the Cityrail sticker on your student card first. Also I think some buses have become prepay only.

Logjammin'

HSC
I usually get the bus from Epping station to Mac Uni. You can buy a blue travelten for 7.20 (from newsagents or ticket window) so like it'll cost you 36 a week (providing you go a full week). You can ask for a student travelten with you mac card, otherwise it'll cost like double that or something. But like everyone else said you have to get the Cityrail sticker on your student card first. Also I think some buses have become prepay only.
I don't understand why it would cost 36 dollars a week by getting blue travel tens... How many buses do you take? :S

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
When you get your student card you also need to get a sticker put onto it, allowing you to concession for travel. You are only entitled to the concession if you are an Australian student and studying full time.

Hang on, so if i opt to study equivilant part time, im not eligible for concession?

Peartie

HSC
no

Only get concession if you are a FULL TIME NSW student

BUT if you are doing what I am doing you supposabley are

im doing 7cps in one semester 11 in the other which is =18cps BUT not the 9 required in 1st semester but im still full time :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)