Do you follow advice from glossy magazines? (1 Viewer)

Comrade nathan

HSC
I was reading one of my sisters magazines "Cosmopolitan" and when compared to this forum alot of the questions and answers are similar. I was wondering how many of you follow the advice from this magazines and think the advice is good advice?

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
I know that Dolly Doctor is like a bible for most teenage girls.

Jesus!

Jeebus
HSC
N/A
Comrade nathan said:
I was reading one of my sisters magazines "Cosmopolitan" and when compared to this forum alot of the questions and answers are similar. I was wondering how many of you follow the advice from this magazines and think the advice is good advice?
You are a communist and your sister reads Cosmo?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
The glossier, the better.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
PaleReflection said:
I know that Dolly Doctor is like a bible for most teenage girls.
lol i used to read that a lot. most of the questions were the same old crap reworded though after a while...and some of the really wierd/made up incestuous ones freaked me out enough not to want to read it anymore. especially the ones like "i had vigorous sex with my twin brother, what's wrong with me?" questions. what's wrong with you?! you're a fucking freak who needs to die! :D

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I never read those sections of Cosmo. In fact, I never read Cosmo anymore. It's just a big expensive wad of commercials.

Anyway, I remember those L&R questions in Dolly. Stuff like "I'm 13 and have the biggest crush on my best friend's cousin and I totally pashed him at a party but he hasn't replied to my SMS. What should I do?". The advice they give is just common sense.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
the advice in mens magazines such as Ralph and FHM is actually pretty good. ive never bought them myself because iam not much into magazines that are 90% pictures of half naked girls, i prefer either computer magazines, or if iam in a workout mood, mens health... but ones that i have seen have advice that is very frank and very directed to a male audience... like girls would have trouble reading it but iam sure it has helped many guys, both in relationships and in sex
like one of em was a guide on how to perform cunnulingus[sp?] properly, very graphic and descriptive, but i guess it has to be to give decent instructions..

another one was on how to talk to girls [i dunno where it was coming from either] and it had a list of like 10 things not to do
e.g do NOT use pickup lines whatsoever
do NOT talk to her asif you just want sex, treat her as you would a friend
and so forth

so yeah i think these magazines can help men who have trouble in relationships... most of it is pretty basic so i have never followed its advice, more like i already was doing that or knew how to deal with it so didnt need the advice excluding when i was a 13yr old boy and read it for shits an giggles :rolleyes:

Lainee

HSC
Serius said:
the advice in mens magazines such as Ralph and FHM is actually pretty good. ive never bought them myself because iam not much into magazines that are 90% pictures of half naked girls, i prefer either computer magazines, or if iam in a workout mood, mens health... but ones that i have seen have advice that is very frank and very directed to a male audience... like girls would have trouble reading it but iam sure it has helped many guys, both in relationships and in sex
like one of em was a guide on how to perform cunnulingus[sp?] properly, very graphic and descriptive, but i guess it has to be to give decent instructions..

another one was on how to talk to girls [i dunno where it was coming from either] and it had a list of like 10 things not to do
and so forth

so yeah i think these magazines can help men who have trouble in relationships... most of it is pretty basic so i have never followed its advice, more like i already was doing that or knew how to deal with it so didnt need the advice excluding when i was a 13yr old boy and read it for shits an giggles :rolleyes:
Aheheheh guy mags are funny to read (I'm sure guys think the same of girl ones). www.askmen.com is good to read, dating advice and all is good. :)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Serius said:

and so forth

i dont think men buy magazines such as ralph for advice lol.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I definitely don't follow their advice, then again I only read Vogue and Harper's Bazaar occasionally.. I definitely do look at the clothes and am interested in what they say is coming into fashion. So I suppose I follow their afshion advice, but only to an extent. I don't follow trends that much, I more wear what I feel like wearing/like the look of.

But as for relationship advice? Hahahaha no

Lundy

Banned
HSC
The only time I ever read glossies is at the hairdresser. It's a good way to pass one's time trivially, but nothing more. I'd never waste my money on buying them.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
don't read them, really, i think they are oriented to make people stupid, rather than informing people about the important stuff.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
I only read the odd Cosmo for bed tips.
Just whack one in and all your partners friends will know about it in a couple of days.

You'll be wanted more than crack.

IcEy

HSC
I find glossy magazines really hard to read. They sorta gloss when you read them under white light and its really really hard to read the words cause of the light, and then you gotta sorta tilt them or tilt your head....

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
i find it stupid

my sister gets that, and every second issue has something about '101 new ways to excite your man'

now, 101 ways every 2-3 issues...thats at least 606 ways in one year

anyway, i wouldnt, but im also a sceptical cynic :p

pmr_123

HSC
the only time i read magazines is waiting for the hairdresser or the doctor to hurry up. some of the advice like many have said is just logical, but some of the sex tips are pretty darn good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)