do you do Chemical Engineering??? (1 Viewer)

EmmR

Vegetarian Noodles!!!
HSC
Why isn't there that much questions about chemical engineering?
Can somebody doing chemical engineering cantact me?

1. Whats the difference between chemical engineering and nanotechonology?????????

2. If there is no difference why bother having chemical engineering at all when there is such a higher demand for every other engineering discpline?

3. I think i prefer physics(in respect to the atom) to chemistry, is chemical engineering for me???

I HATE UAC, i'm indecisive!

4. I'm so insecure about the job prospects of chemical engineerist, that the idea of having a combined degree with commerce seems allureing. o_O am i going nuts?

lala2

Banned
HSC
I can't answer your questions, but I can tell you that my friend's doing chemical Engineering/Commerce, and added the Commerce in to widen her prospects in case she can't get a job as a chemical engineer (which is her ideal situation). She's thinking maybe that if chemical engineering doesn't work out, she could fall back on her commerce degree and be an accountant or something like that, but really, she's focusing all her energy into being a chemical engineer. So if you want to widen your prospects, commerce may be a good idea (if you're good and interested at it, that is)

P

psychokitten

while we are on the subject (and so i dont have to create a new thread) ... is it possible to do chemical engineering without doing chemistry for year 12 without suffering?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha obviously chemical engineering is all about chemistry, and if you really want to do this course, without wanting to do chemistry in high school, then i would either think very clearly about doing chemical engineering, or just do a bridging course in uni.

P

psychokitten

eh. not that i didnt want to do it, just that its too late now. im already in yr 12 :( I really regret not chosing chemistry. almost all the good courses in uni need it!! damn!

fush

HSC
i dont think HSC chemisitry is a pre-requisite, however if you have no interest in chemistry i highly advise you not to choose this course. In your first 2 years you will be doing a lot of straight Chemistry subjects.

If you havn't done HSC chem, you will start with Fundumentals of chem and work your way up, but be warned you will be left quite behind if u don't have the fundumentals grasped by 2nd semester.
From what I hear in later years you move more into process and system designs relating to chem eng (eg. pipe systems, boilers n what not..)

also, you can do a bridging chem course if needed

eng/commerce is the bomb

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I've been told by a few people who do it that hated the first year CHEM courses that they love all their CHNG courses, so yeah...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)