Do you believe in God? (1 Viewer)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
Re: Do you believe is God?

lol, im not a negro. and if ur athiest then your 100% sure god doesnt exist. science questions the existance of god yes. does it proof for certain god doesnt exist? no. thats your faith. thats your "confidence" in your own perceptions combined with your scientific knowladge.
that's a total straw man broseph. non-dogmatic atheists aren't 100% sure that god doesn't exist, they merely believe that there is insufficient evidence to establish god's existence, just as there is insufficient evidence to establish the existence of unicorns. certainty isn't required in science, what really matters is ~empirical evidence~. scientists and non-dogmatic atheists alike are well aware of the problem of induction.

to not believe in it is one thing entirely. to believe it is wrong is yet another. i dont believe in any religion but i dont believe its wrong either. if you believe its wrong then dats a faith. that is atheism.
hahahahahahahahah
if u believe dat da flat earth theory is wrong den datz a faith!!!! datz is atheism11!!!!! same if u believed dat da luminiferous aether theory iz wrong11111~111

i duntz believed dat 2+2=99 iz wrong if u believe itz wrong den dats a faith!111! that is atheism11!!!

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

im not saying it isnt up to the believers to prove their argument. but just because you they cant prove their argument doesnt somehow mirraculously validate yours. Arguably the only thing in terms of relgion that does not involve faith to a degree is apatheism. because apathy in this context is the complete lack of faith in either arguments. its indifference. lol

to not believe in it is one thing entirely. to believe it is wrong is yet another. i dont believe in any religion but i dont believe its wrong either. if you believe its wrong then dats a faith. that is atheism.
It's not about proving an argument, it is so much more than that. They have the burden of proof, their beliefs are faith based because they do not have any shred of proof so suggest God exists. The idea becomes less ridiculous if you apply it to something else: witches, wizards, unicorns, immaculate conception - I don't believe they exist and this isn't faith based.

Of course it miraculously validates my argument, I am not the one claiming absurdity. If you get into enough arguments with creationists, the same thing crops up over and over again - what proof do you have that God exists? I don't, I have faith.

"if you believe its wrong then dats a faith. that is atheism"

That's not what atheism is at all, atheism isn't about sitting there thinking that religion is "wrong".

smeethaj

HSC

*roles eyes*

if u can prove its wrong then its wrong and there is no faith involved, the way if you can prove its right than its right. 2 + 2 = 4 irrespective of the fact that you wish it could equal 99. the earth is round irrespective of what scientists back in the day percieved. this has all been proven. the existance or lack of existance of god had not.

That's not what atheism is at all, atheism isn't about sitting there thinking that religion is "wrong".

touche, cant dispute that :)
let me rephrase my point of view. im not saying its considered a faith if you dont believe in god. im saying its considered a faith is you firmly believe the possible existance of god is bullshit. if your athiest because you dont believe in the existance of god without firmly believing the non-existance of it then i think this concept of faith in it applies to you as little as it does to me as an apatheist.

Last edited:

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

*roles eyes*

if u can prove its wrong then its wrong and there is no faith involved, the way if you can prove its right than its right. 2 + 2 = 4 irrespective of the fact that you wish it could equal 99. the earth is round irrespective of what scientists back in the day percieved. this has all been proven. the existance or lack of existance of god had not.

hmm i guess ur right about non -dogmatic athiests not being considered as a faith then. both non-dogmatic athiests and apethiests amongst others with no paticular solid perspective in the existance or lack of existance of god can be classifed as faithless. lol
Wheres ma dinosaurs.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

how many times do i have to keep explaining what a(theism) and a(gnosticism) are.

(a)theism is a belief claim. it is the (lack of) belief in god.
(a)gnosticism is a knowledge claim. it is the claim that you (don't) know that god does/doesn't (depending on who you are) exists.

belief and knowledge are two different things, though the two will inevitably draw on similar and related experiences and concepts. but belief most certainly can be based on evidence - to quote Hume "All beliefs about unobserved matters of fact are derived from experience by induction." if i flip a coin a thousand times, and five hundred times it lands heads, and five hundred it lands tails. i have knowledge of the previous thousand coin tosses. but am i justified in believing that i have a 50% chance of coming up heads? in the same way, atheistic belief can/is also be based on experience/evidence. of course, beliefs can also be derived from axioms.

faith is belief in the absence of evidence. it directly contradicts the above.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

*roles eyes*
Why is it so hard for you to understand a simple concept like: the burden of proof is on those claiming God exists. There is no proof that this is true, so by default something that does not have proof is unproven. There is no limbo in this. What do you call this wishy washy argument of "the existence of or lack of existence of god has not been proven/(disproven)". It's a cop out argument.

cheese_cheese

HSC

Why is it so hard for you to understand a simple concept like: the burden of proof is on those claiming God exists. There is no proof that this is true, so by default something that does not have proof is unproven. There is no limbo in this. What do you call this wishy washy argument of "the existence of or lack of existence of god has not been proven/(disproven)". It's a cop out argument.
Are you that deluded? Billions of people worldwide have personally seen the proof that God exists. You should try to have a personal relationship with God too.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC

Are you that deluded? Billions of people worldwide have personally seen the proof that God exists. You should try to have a personal relationship with God too.
Ive never seen any proof.

/1%

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A

*roles eyes*

how has this been proven genius? is it not by ~evidence~?
the existence of god can never be scientifically proven as metaphysical entities such as god, unicorns, dragons and the spaghetti monster are inaccessible to the scientifically method. believing that a metaphysical entity can somehow affect the physical world without any sort of physical process is the very definition of superstition.

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A

billions of people worldwide had at one point believed that the earth was flat and slavery was perfectly moral. your point?

appeal to the masses=shit troll

0/10

RANK 1

HSC

*roles eyes*

touche, cant dispute that :)
let me rephrase my point of view. im not saying its considered a faith if you dont believe in god. im saying its considered a faith is you firmly believe the possible existance of god is bullshit. if your athiest because you dont believe in the existance of god without firmly believing the non-existance of it then i think this concept of faith in it applies to you as little as it does to me as an apatheist.
what about 1 = 0.999999.....

cheese_cheese

HSC

billions of people worldwide had at one point believed that the earth was flat and slavery was perfectly moral. your point?
We are talking the metaphysical also, not only the physical.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

i learned all i needed to know about god on 9/11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)