Do you believe in God? (2 Viewers)

Do you believe in God?

• Total voters

smeethaj

HSC
Re: Do you believe is God?

atheism isnt a religion but to an extent it is a faith because its faith in the lack of existance of god. if you believe anything at all without having absolute 100% tangable proof that your correct and every other alternative is wrong then its a faith.
but my point had little to do with religion itself it had to do with the fact that an individuals religious faith is inconsequencial, rather its their personality and character that is of greater value.

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A

but my point had little to do with religion itself it had to do with the fact that an individuals religious faith is inconsequencial, rather its their personality and character that is of greater value.
"It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." The adage you only hear when there are vulnerable losers in the crowd.

RANK 1

HSC

LOL

there is officially 1065 people who have commented under the question "what is god?"
myself included that is 1066. is it just me or do people really have nothing better to do with their lives? (dont return that question to me, im on here for a specific reason and that is to avoid having to study because that is my other alternative)
i read lyk the first so many pages of this and then got bored because i am only capable of listening to people amuse themselves over the irrelevent for so long before i get bored.

truth be told people, the existance of god is completely and utterly inconsequencial. if you dont want to believe in god, dont. if you do want to believe in god then do. As they say, we dont have to accept each others beliefs but we do have to accept each others right to believe them. As someone said earlier religion is a man made creation. that is undetestable. in my opinion religion is the second most stupidest thing about humanity because it asesses aspects of philosophy that need never really be explored. whether god exists or not has no effect on the fact i have a legal studies exam on thursday, nor will it make a difference if i wake up late like i did today and get stuck in traffic on the way to school. if your wondering what the first most stupidest thing about humanitiy is i'll tell you. its our need to question the completely unnessesary and convince one another about how one perspective is more right than the other when really it doesnt matter what the other persons perspectives are, just rather that they are individualistic enough to have them. what i believe will never effect you in any way nor will your beliefs ever effect me (unless ur a preecher or someone trying to convert me to your religious faith in which case i'd just get annoyed and angry and start swearing at u with agressive language because i dont believe anyone has any right to tell me what i can and cant believe, because that has no effect on anyone else but me).

As Alice Roosevelt Longworth so eloquently stated "there is a simple philosophy; fill what is empty, empty what is full, scratch where it itches"
the questioning of eachothers faith and the arguments that arise over this is completely unnessesary. Life is quite simple people, dont complicate it with the irrelevent. sure there are plenty of thing about the world that dont make sense. one which i have been asking myself repeatedly is "who do innocent people who are essentially goodhearted have to suffer at the hands of others in the form of domestic violence amongst other means? is their no form of divine justice that can prevent this injustice from occuring?"
but really the more you know in life the more you realise you have to learn. call me ignorant if you like but this is one of those things i believe i never will know and i think im willing to accept that.

in terms of other peoples religious beliefs however, to me, it matters not that an individuals perspectives differ from mine. what matters is that they have these uniquly different perspectives and the balls express them against the perspectives of others. the fact an indvidual has a faith in relation to religion be this christian, muslim, hindu, jewish, buddist, theist or athiest even reflects upon their individualist nature. believe whatever you want to believe just dont go about enforcing them on others
i dont think u understand the purpose of the thread. and also 1076 posts =/= 1076 posters

smeethaj

HSC

"It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game." The adage you only hear when there are vulnerable losers in the crowd.
well what do you propse is the solution to this never ending argument?
personally i wouldnt consider anyone a 'vulnerable loser' because they have the capacity to accept eachothers faiths and not get absorbed into a useless debate of whether god exists or not. im the last person you'll see give up a good verbal banter, but y waste that time and energy over the topic of god, thats all im saying

smeethaj

HSC

lol fine 1079 POSTS :p
happy?

i understand ur arguments and expression of perspective and what not. i respect them all.
what i dont get is why you feel the need to discuss this? and what difference it makes to you or anyone else as to whether god exists or not?
really its a perspective, there is no tangible evidence either way. treat it as nothing more then that.

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A

well what do you propse is the solution to this never ending argument?
personally i wouldnt consider anyone a 'vulnerable loser' because they have the capacity to accept eachothers faiths and not get absorbed into a useless debate of whether god exists or not. im the last person you'll see give up a good verbal banter, but y waste that time and energy over the topic of god, thats all im saying
1. People's beliefs all too frequently have ramifications that extend beyond "an internal feeling of good fucking will" and influence political and social decision-making.

2. The topic of god and the nature of this life, mortality and beyond is a natural human fascination and underpins the way we pursue life. It is also an argument about what constitutes evidence, what leaps of judgement we can ethically take, the consistency of morality and whether science itself offers genuine answers/alternatives. Do we need a why, etc?

I do somewhat agree that coming onto this thread with a closed mind to all opinions that don't match your own makes the thread little more than an exercise in logical argument or rhetoric. A good exercise, nonetheless.

Last edited:

smeethaj

HSC

1. People's beliefs all too frequently have ramifications that extend beyond "an internal feeling of good fucking will" and influence political and social decision-making.

2. The topic of god and the nature of this life, mortality and beyond is a natural human fascination and underpins the way we pursue life. It is also an argument about what constitutes evidence, what leaps of judgement we can ethically take and whether science itself offers genuine answers. Do we need a why, etc? I do somewhat agree that coming onto this thread with a closed mind to all opinions that don't match your own makes the thread little more than an exercise in logical argument or rhetoric. A good exercise, nonetheless.
Touche :)

hmmm, irrespective of my religious beliefs no i dont believe relgion should be the basis of political or social events however its impossible to prevent this as religion itself as a concept has existed for ages. one could argue that it is intrisic to the functioning of the modern world. and really to prevent the negative influence of an individuals religious perspective there is a one word solution - coexistance - whether it is technically possible when u factor in the human ego, well that questionable

philosophy - thats a chapter unto itself. your right in percieveing humanities desire for knowladge. but thats somthing that no single answer, be this the existance of god or otherwise will quench. but then i guess its embedded within human nature to question. thats inevitable.

RANK 1

HSC

lol fine 1079 POSTS :p
happy?
u're not understanding wat i was saying, u said that 1066 ppl posted here because theres 1066 post, im saying that just because theres 1066 post doesnt necessarily 1066 different posters, and also this thread isnt to convert other ppl its for ppl to justify their beliefs.

i understand ur arguments and expression of perspective and what not. i respect them all.
what i dont get is why you feel the need to discuss this? and what difference it makes to you or anyone else as to whether god exists or not?
really its a perspective, there is no tangible evidence either way. treat it as nothing more then that.
the point is to understand why religious people think the way they do

smeethaj

HSC

the point is to understand why religious people think the way they do
religious people think the way they do because their faith in concepts such as divinity, spritual salvation and god provides them with a sense of personal comfort. A belief that god will help you in times of difficulty helps an individual find a sense of inner strength within themselves through which they can overcome whatever hardships they face. thats the basic essence to religious beliefs. then people consistantly maintain these beliefs in the hopes that it will provide them will a sense of personal peace and philosophical sense of certainty that they personally struggle to attain otherwise.

when it comes to religious fanatic however it extends more than this. i think the concept of god is somthing that is embedded within their minds. bit like propaganda. i know of this old lady who was a part of the league of german maidens during the nazi period. she still sprouts the most racist anti-sematic views one could ever possible emagine. and its not even entirely her own fault because shed been influenced so strongly by it at a time when her mind was at its most vulnerable. i think many religious fanatic have been influenced in a somewhat similar manner. and its from this that such extremist behaviour is born.

what i wonder more is not why religious people think the way they do. its why some religious people percieve their faith is above any other and therefore give themselves some kinda god given right to attempt to influence others to "save their souls"?

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad

Maybe they feel the more people that belong to the same religion as them, the more legitimate and reassuring it is for themselves to be part of it.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

atheism isnt a religion but to an extent it is a faith because its faith in the lack of existance of god. if you believe anything at all without having absolute 100% tangable proof that your correct and every other alternative is wrong then its a faith.
Incorrect negro. There is no faith in atheism. I don't have faith that a God doesn't exist. "confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability. 2. belief that is not based on proof". There is no faith involved, it is usually based on the fact that the idea of some magical benevolent being that is both nowhere yet everywhere at once is just scientifically invalid.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

what i wonder more is not why religious people think the way they do. its why some religious people percieve their faith is above any other and therefore give themselves some kinda god given right to attempt to influence others to "save their souls"?
Bro have you even read the Bible? The answer to your question is in it. I'll find you some quotes.

smeethaj

HSC

Incorrect negro. There is no faith in atheism. I don't have faith that a God doesn't exist. "confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability. 2. belief that is not based on proof". There is no faith involved, it is usually based on the fact that the idea of some magical benevolent being that is both nowhere yet everywhere at once is just scientifically invalid.
lol, im not a negro. and if ur athiest then your 100% sure god doesnt exist. science questions the existance of god yes. does it proof for certain god doesnt exist? no. thats your faith. thats your "confidence" in your own perceptions combined with your scientific knowladge.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

lol, im not a negro. and if ur athiest then your 100% sure god doesnt exist. science questions the existance of god yes. does it proof for certain god doesnt exist? no. thats your faith. thats your "confidence" in your own perceptions combined with your scientific knowladge.
There is no scientific proof that God does exist. The onus is on people to prove that is omnipotent being exists - they have the burden of proof, not me. So again, I reject your assertions that faith is involved in not believing in God. "A belief that is not based on proof". There is plenty of proof; the proof is in that there is no proof of its existence.

I never want to type the word proof again.

RANK 1

HSC

u dont need faith to not believe in something that hasnt been proven

smeethaj

HSC

There is no scientific proof that God does exist. The onus is on people to prove that is omnipotent being exists - they have the burden of proof, not me. So again, I reject your assertions that faith is involved in not believing in God. "A belief that is not based on proof". There is plenty of proof; the proof is in that there is no proof of its existence.
im not saying it isnt up to the believers to prove their argument. but just because you they cant prove their argument doesnt somehow mirraculously validate yours. Arguably the only thing in terms of relgion that does not involve faith to a degree is apatheism. because apathy in this context is the complete lack of faith in either arguments. its indifference. lol

to not believe in it is one thing entirely. to believe it is wrong is yet another. i dont believe in any religion but i dont believe its wrong either. if you believe its wrong then dats a faith. that is atheism.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)