Do we really care about english? (1 Viewer)

unknown88

HSC
N/A
lol c'mon guys even if you don't like english you should probably care about it considering its the only subject that automatically gets counted towards your atar no matter what you get..
Where not saying we literally don't care...we just hate it :mad:

unknown88

HSC
N/A
English isn't hard, i just don't like it because it isn't all facts and single answers.
+ 1...l just personally hate essay writing. As you said with other subject l like more the facts and single answers.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
lol c'mon guys even if you don't like english you should probably care about it considering its the only subject that automatically gets counted towards your atar no matter what you get..
I wish it was Maths or English which automatically counted.

TorMental

HSC
bias and subjectivity is always going to happen! noooo =[

unknown88

HSC
N/A
Yeh tbh maths should be compulsory from general and up. There are more courses which utilise maths subjects then English subjects. Even with subjects like business with two 20 mark reports, its not your english skill its your business knowledge and layout that will get you marks; english wont help.

anne1010

HSC
all i wanna say is they dont really care abouttt us.
lol this thread title reminds me of this song

jessxxr

HSC
I wish it was Maths or English which automatically counted.
this is true, why is english put in front of maths in terms of importance in life, maths is everywhere, even in tourism im the only person in my class that does some type of maths and because of this everyone else finds extreme difficulty in working out simple things like commission and the gross and net amount

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
this is true, why is english put in front of maths in terms of importance in life, maths is everywhere, even in tourism im the only person in my class that does some type of maths and because of this everyone else finds extreme difficulty in working out simple things like commision and the gross and net amount.
Board of Studies Employees are idiots, English shouldn't be compulsory if maths isn't/

HSC
everything counts for me... english still sucks

jessxxr

HSC
everything counts for me... english still sucks
yes, a lot of people find english extremely annoying and sucky, me being one of them, but we should all rejoice in the fact that compared to a lot of other subjects, there is a lot less content to know, and say if you prepare a creative story with both belonging to people and places incorporated, im sure you'll be set for that part

HSC
yes, a lot of people find english extremely annoying and sucky, me being one of them, but we should all rejoice in the fact that compared to a lot of other subjects, there is a lot less content to know, and say if you prepare a creative story with both belonging to people and places incorporated, im sure you'll be set for that part
yeah then another 3 essays the next day....

other subjects over in one day

english comes back to bite you (4 hours all up instead of 3)

jessxxr

HSC
yeah then another 3 essays the next day....

other subjects over in one day

english comes back to bite you (4 hours all up instead of 3)
be positive!! i think the fact that english is separated into two sessions gives us a better chance to do well in it, the night before first exam paper, you can just look over 2 pieces of writing, and then the next day, you can just look over 3 topics/prepared responses , thats not even much!!! :)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
then how would you study noob ?
I'd memorise my essays partially, but i'd also prepare backup bodies and study my text/quotes very well... I'd prepare multiple intros and topic sentences also just incase the question is unexpecting..

HSC
be positive!! i think the fact that english is separated into two sessions gives us a better chance to do well in it, the night before first exam paper, you can just look over 2 pieces of writing, and then the next day, you can just look over 3 topics/prepared responses , thats not even much!!! :)
liessss english is the ssource of all evil in the known world

every time an essay is written one of these dies!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I like english and I think its a "core " subject simply because 2 units of english are GUARANTEED to count to your ATAR.

People who hate english usually just hate it because they can't rote-learn a formula and have to actually think and be creative.

pencilcase

HSC
I like english and I think its a "core " subject simply because 2 units of english are GUARANTEED to count to your ATAR.

People who hate english usually just hate it because they can't rote-learn a formula and have to actually think and be creative.
i don't know why all the teachers constantly mention this point that it will count towards your atar! because 40% of HSC students will only have 10 units anyway so all their subjects will count equally!

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i don't know why all the teachers constantly mention this point that it will count towards your atar! because 40% of HSC students will only have 10 units anyway so all their subjects will count equally!
Yeah but 60% is greater than 40% and those 60% will have english count over another subject. The fact is english is the only subject that will always count and is therefore more of a "core" subject than a "fringe" one you just ignore.

pencilcase

HSC
Yeah but 60% is greater than 40% and those 60% will have english count over another subject. The fact is english is the only subject that will always count and is therefore more of a "core" subject than a "fringe" one you just ignore.
yes i understand what you mean,but the point is that in half of all cases no one actually cares about it...and those who have 10U+ put it aside because in life english is not as essential as the skills developed in maths! coz english you can learn throughout however the fundamentals of maths are not something you can just attain and it is used more frequently out in THE REAL WORLD!

jessxxr

HSC
yes i understand what you mean,but the point is that in half of all cases no one actually cares about it...and those who have 10U+ put it aside because in life english is not as essential as the skills developed in maths! coz english you can learn throughout however the fundamentals of maths are not something you can just attain and it is used more frequently out in THE REAL WORLD!
as if this is true, disliking something and not caring are two completely different things, im pretty sure a lot more than half of all students care about 2 units that go towards their hsc, regardless of whether those english skills are essential in life or not, that's not the point in the hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)