Do we need to study all the Skrzynecki Poems? (1 Viewer)

ITimber

HSC
hi,

Im studying the Skryznecki poems (i think there is 8) for the Area of Study - Physical Journys. Do i need to study all of the poems and be be prepared to be able to write on any of the 8 poems in the HSC?
Can they tell you to write about a certain poem or do you get to choose? If you get to choose how many should you have studied in detail?

Also with the related texts i assume "texts" means we should have more than 1 related text. Do we have to refer to more than 1 in the response?

thanks

HSC
Well they wouldnt ask a specific question about a specific poem in the HSC. What they would ask you to do would be to write an essay about journeys.
I think the prerequisite is1 poem for trials and hsc final exam, but study two thoroughly which relate to your thesis more.

bored6

HSC
ITimber said:
hi,

Im studying the Skryznecki poems (i think there is 8) for the Area of Study - Physical Journys. Do i need to study all of the poems and be be prepared to be able to write on any of the 8 poems in the HSC?
Can they tell you to write about a certain poem or do you get to choose? If you get to choose how many should you have studied in detail?

Also with the related texts i assume "texts" means we should have more than 1 related text. Do we have to refer to more than 1 in the response?

thanks
2 in detail with a 3rd as backup just in case.

williamc

HSC
I was told 2 Skrzynecki poems, one source of our own choice, and one source from the Journey stimulus booklet.

mzduxx2006

HSC
are you crazy?

ive only studied 3 in depth "crossing red sea, immmigrants at central station and migrant hostel" and i make general comparative relations to postcard. because dont forget, you will also be asked to discuss a relative text and a stimulus text as well.

ian122

HSC
Ive been told to choose 3 favourites and study up on them. I wrote summaries of important ideas on all of them and went into greater detail on my favs. You never know which one you will need, it depends a great deal on the question.

emca

HSC
well I'm not going to put my home address here cause I reckon people will come and egg my house. But, if you check through past papers you will find a question that required students to write about a specific deb westbury poem for the close study of text question in standard English ( 2003, i think). Admitedly it is less likely that the bastards could be that cruel for the area of study cause you have all the related material to deal with.

My advice is be familiar with all poems but be confident about your ability to write about 3.

azziebess123456

HSC
Well, our teacher told us to know all of them. But my tutor said know two really well, and have some stuff you can write confidently on the 3rd one, beacuse sometimes the question doesn't suit one of your two poems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)