• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do we need a related text for the 'Close Study of Text' Module? (1 Viewer)

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
My teacher says we don't, but she's an old bat, so I can't really trust her.

So, does anyone know for sure whether we need a related text for that particular module (close-study of text)?

Also, if you could provide like a quote from the syllabus or BoS which says we don't need a related text for that module, that'd be much appreciated. :)

Last edited:

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
well even old bats are sometimes right :)

yes thats why its called a 'close study of text.' the emphasis on CLOSE STUDY without any other stimulus.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
lizziegirl said:
well even old bats are sometimes right :)

yes thats why its called a 'close study of text.' the emphasis on CLOSE STUDY without any other stimulus.
Yeah, I guess once in about 500 times an old bat can be correct. Hey, 1 more question: How many texts do we need for each of the modules, and for the Journey AOS?

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
At least ONE other related text.
In previous years in some questions they have requested at least TWO related texts.
Never have we encountered at least three related texts required.
This applies to Area of Study, Module A and Module C.

Virious

HSC
Wassup? said:
My teacher says we don't, but she's an old bat, so I can't really trust her.

So, does anyone know for sure whether we need a related text for that particular module (close-study of text)?

Also, if you could provide like a quote from the syllabus or BoS which says we don't need a related text for that module, that'd be much appreciated. :)
Yes we do need to have a related text for or close study of text, what is urs?

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Forbidden. said:
I've looked at a sheet of past Trial exam questions, and for the last 15 years they've only asked for students to use one text as an extra material. I'm willing to bet my life that it won't change this year.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Wassup? said:
I've looked at a sheet of past Trial exam questions, and for the last 15 years they've only asked for students to use one text as an extra material. I'm willing to bet my life that it won't change this year.
well you are looking at trial papers.
a little more precisely i was referring to the english standard hsc papers around 2005.
but as my good old english teacher used to say, be prepared.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Forbidden. said:
well you are looking at trial papers.
a little more precisely i was referring to the english standard hsc papers around 2005.
but as my good old english teacher used to say, be prepared.
But I really can't be fucked preparing 2 texts! Actually, I will, because as an old teacher used to say, "There's more than one way to skin a cat, there's more than one way to shoot a gat, there's more than one way to die!", which he used to quote never.

As you can tell, I am drunk. :)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Wassup? said:
The syllabus changes.
You need related material for Everything but the close study.
The reason why you don't need related texts for the close study is because the module wants you to critically analyze the prescribed text.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
The syllabus changes.
You need related material for Everything but the close study.
The reason why you don't need related texts for the close study is because the module wants you to critically analyze the prescribed text.
Yo, how many texts do we need for journeys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)