Do universities care about school involvement like school captaincy? (1 Viewer)

The Savior

HSC
Hey all. I am a school captain and SRC member at a country school with about 600 kids all up, and I really want to do medicine. Just wondering if universities even care about school captaincy? Please note I didn't become a school captain for the sake of university entry. But I would like to know if this sort of school participation would appeal to the unis, and maybe give me a better chance of receiving interview offers, since not many kids applying for medicine tend to take on too many leadership roles. (Too busy studying lol) Also, I have been doing volunteer work at an aged care facility and I also played for my school's volleyball team for 2 years. Would any of these things matter? Thanks for any reply :)

atcha

HSC
N/A
Yes, when a UNSW came to my school they said that with school captaincy you get bonus points for most courses.

iStudent

HSC
It will definitely help with your actual interview but I don't think it will help with receiving interview offers. All they look at is a combination of ATAR and/or UMAT score.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Not for anything I know of unless you're going to US uni's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)