do u find it hard to get in2 some books? (1 Viewer)

fallovachick

where would u like me lcoated? ;) lol Just kidding
HSC
heya has anyone here read skull beneath the skin coz yah im reading it right now and im kinda not gettin into it tis not hard or anything just kinda draggin out and yeah i was wondering if u guys have any suggestions on wat u think about tje book if u have read it or have u had a similar experience with another book?

*mel*

i don't read books that i find hard to read if i don't have to.
the only books that are so gruelling to read are the ones we have to read for english. usually they're about something i have no interest in, and would not even look at if it wasn't for english... i think it was in year 9 or 10, some book about a girl living near an abattoir, that was a crap read...

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
Yeah I've never managed to find a book big enough for me to get into.

Abraxus

HSC
if i dont get into it in the first few chapters then i just stop altogether. otherwise i do end up finishing a majority of the books i start reading. the ones i give up on are usually books my friend wants me to read, or fantasies. its actually rare if i dont finish a book.

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
yeah, ive read skull beneath the skin and it is hard to get into cause the start drags on so much but once you do get into it it is awesome, i really enjoyed it, keep reading and you should get into it soon.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
dont you just love books that are like BAM! straight away its soo interesting you cant put it down?

modelzsuck

Kylie
HSC
Yeah, I wish they were all like that, the book i am reading now was awesome at the start but is dragging on in the middle.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
^^ books with that trend normally have a brilliant ending

Abraxus

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
dont you just love books that are like BAM! straight away its soo interesting you cant put it down?
very much

10char

Pierotte

HSC
i usually get into books very easily

I have only ever put down one book... it was about some shitty internet relationship... girl meets guy, his cool, girl chucks out all her belongings except for a pair of black jeans and CK undies...he likes coffee.... like wtf???

wilbur smith books tend to be hard for me to get into.....

i hate it when u get so into a book and its a long one and ur totally engorssed for like 2 weeks... then its ends!!! i always feel so lost, like a part of my life just died..

oh i have to get a life....

Dr_Gorgeous

HSC
Yes, 'Brave New World', 'Persuasion' by Jane Austen, and 'Ivanhoe' - the medieval thinking capacity was on holiday...

J

jhakka

Enlightened_One said:
Jane Austen books are hard to get into, but I forced myself. I gave up on a Stephen King novel, the only one I ever tried to read because it just seemed so shit.
I think we covered this in another thread, but which King book was it? He's quite a good author once you get past the first couple of chapters (usually). The Stand is a very slow book all the way through, but most of his others are a bit quicker.

If I find a book hard to get into, I keep going. I don't like leaving things unfinished, no matter how much it sucks. Austen would be an exception.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
'Emma' and 'North and South' are the worst :( Ive never hate a book that I absoluted hated for English and I have 2 in my HSC year D: It sucks

Crazy Horse

HSC
I found Margret Atwood's "Surfacing" a little hard to get into at first. There are some section's that are good and others that aren't so good.

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
I find it very difficult to get into fantasy books so I never pick them up at the library etc. Each book has a different set of rules and I just cant be bothered learning about the various metaphysical aspects in the books...Like I tried to read the LOTR and I just couldnt :) Oh well

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i found the da vinci code hard to get into but once i was into it i couldnt put it down!

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
yeah same i was so glued to it! i need to be bothered to read the otehrs now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)