• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Do Transfer students need to withdraw from their old course (1 Viewer)

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
for transfer students ... who transfered from a course at uts to another course at uts..

do you need to withdraw from your old course b4 u attend your enrolment sessoin for your new course?

or are you able to enrol in the new course first.. and later withdraw from the old course?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Hey Dingo,

Yeah, I withdrew from my old course then enrolled to my new course.

I was accepted for an internal transfer from BScIT to Bus/Comp in the middle of last year.

Hope that helps.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
thanks
im gonna go go uts and hand in my withdraw form today..

seeing tomorow is public holiday and after that its weekends.. and my enrolment day is on da 5th of feb..

UTS only has 5 working days to process my withdraw.. hope they do it in time !! >.<

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Yes on my results page, I can choose my old course and see the results I got then.

Also when I select to email my full academic record- it shows my results from my old course and my new course.

=]

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
sweet..

im guessing u applied for exemptions from your old course aye?

did you apply for an Academic Transcript and/or fill in some forms to get exemptions for subjects you done in your previous course that can be accredited to your new course?

im thinking we do not need to bcoz its the same uni and they have it all on the computer database and can simply transfer it over easily??

not sure.. hence asking hehe thanks.

joolee

HSC
im transfering from uts to unsw, dont need to hurry your withdraw as long its before the 31st of march.
you can read about it here http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/students/withdrawal.html
also, i think its a good idea if you get your academic records from uts before you sign out, so you would have an official record of the subjects you've done at uts.
http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/forms/ACAD_0107b.pdf
im gonna fill that form cos i might have the chance to be exempted from some subjects, but its a good idea to have it anyway.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Dingo2004 said:
sweet..

im guessing u applied for exemptions from your old course aye?

did you apply for an Academic Transcript and/or fill in some forms to get exemptions for subjects you done in your previous course that can be accredited to your new course?

im thinking we do not need to bcoz its the same uni and they have it all on the computer database and can simply transfer it over easily??

not sure.. hence asking hehe thanks.
When i got my results for my internal course transfer it said: you have exemptions from these X (subjects in my new course).

So i didn't get an academic transcript..

I'm not sure about this, you better contact SAU and check.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
i just withdrew online..
dont hafto goto uni now..

yay !!

save all the signing and stamping and also best of all doing it online i dont hafto return my UTS ID CARD !!!!

i had to giv it back to them a few years ago when i withdrew from engineering in person.

hehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)