Do the teachers in your school understnad the HSC system? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I remember when we had an info night for subject choices and the deputy principals said that scaling won't have any effect and then the next day our careers advisor just said"bullshit, it matters." lol.

mRJoJo

Spacebook
HSC
N/A
teachers no.
but i did ask my curriculum coordinator, and at least she knew :)

kcqn93

HSC
most teachers at my school say that scaling is myth in order to get people to their subjects without fear of shitty scaling. for example music1. the headteacher(douche-bag) was so optimistic about it.... at one stage he said it would even scale our marks up if we did music1 ....

=.= teachers at my school... sigh*

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Most of the teachers are my school have a fair idea but they discourage talking about it as it'd most likely just confuse people even more.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
These teachers shouldn't be teachers, anyway.
It's a trend that all the teachers in my school that have a poor understanding of the system are pretty bad teachers. So for my schools your claim would probably hold true. Not sure about other schools though. There probably are some good teachers who don't understand the system very well.

dan2452

HSC
These teachers shouldn't be teachers, anyway.
These teachers are more concerned with *High School* education. They place in higher priority your current education than a number which lets you go to other courses.

However, some are pretty ignorant, and did the Dip.Ed BECAUSE they didn't understand scaling enough to get into other courses :p

Sadiah

HSC
It's a trend that all the teachers in my school that have a poor understanding of the system are pretty bad teachers. So for my schools your claim would probably hold true. Not sure about other schools though. There probably are some good teachers who don't understand the system very well.
Thanks, but if you are a HSC teacher then I think you must be aware of the criteria of the board of studies. Having knowledge of the subject isn't enough to teach it because at the termination of the year, the teachers are required to send every student's assesment marks, ranks, etc to the board of studies. If, however, some teachers aren't aware of the system of the board of studies, then how will they proceed?

Sadiah

HSC
These teachers are more concerned with *High School* education. They place in higher priority your current education than a number which lets you go to other courses.

However, some are pretty ignorant, and did the Dip.Ed BECAUSE they didn't understand scaling enough to get into other courses :p
lol, yeah. I hate ignorant people :D:D:D

HSC
Uni Grad
"if you have a cohort that does well at end of year exams, your external marks will be boosted up"
Incorrect, cohort doesn't affect external mark.

"scaling doesn't matter"
Incorrect, it gives you false hope that your stupidity will be countered with Mathematics Extension 2 and then when you receive your ATAR and complain about it here I lol.

"it's almost impossible to get band 6 in 2 unit mathematics"
Incorrect, it's almost impossible in General though.

"it's impossible to get band 6 in standard english"
Almost, it's very difficult though.

luvtads

HSC
I have all the head of departments as teachers for each subjects and all my teachers are HSC markers, so they know the HSC system quite well.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Incorrect, cohort doesn't affect external mark.

Incorrect, it gives you false hope that your stupidity will be countered with Mathematics Extension 2 and then when you receive your ATAR and complain about it here I lol.

Incorrect, it's almost impossible in General though.

Almost, it's very difficult though.
Are you sure? Because the Band cut off last year was pretty low and like 6% of the cohort got Band 6s (which is substantially more than Standard English).

onur91

HSC
N/A
Back in the day, my teacher just sent me a text asking for my UAI lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)