do preferances matter? (1 Viewer)

danieljarvis

HSC
does it matter what preferance you make a certain course? if you miss out on your top 2 or 3 because of your UAI, yet you left them in your list just in case... , will the 3rd or 4th course not want to take you as your preferance for them was lower?

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong section. or has been asked before.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
From what I gather you're trying to say, no it doesn't matter. Your highest eligible preference after taking UAI into account will send you an offer even if it's the 9th preference and you missed out on the eight above because your UAI isn't high enough.

danieljarvis

HSC
Templar said:
From what I gather you're trying to say, no it doesn't matter. Your highest eligible preference after taking UAI into account will send you an offer even if it's the 9th preference and you missed out on the eight above because your UAI isn't high enough.
ok cool thanks, was just wondering wether i should change my preferances as my UAI was 10 lower than hoped so to make sure i would make my 4th preferance. But if it doesn't matter then cant hurt to leave the first 3 in thanks:)

X

xeuyrawp

danieljarvis said:
does it matter what preferance you make a certain course? if you miss out on your top 2 or 3 because of your UAI, yet you left them in your list just in case... , will the 3rd or 4th course not want to take you as your preferance for them was lower?

p.s. sorry if this is in the wrong section. or has been asked before.
No, it doesn't matter at all.

Despite unis checking what preference they were (some scholarships require course X to be first), it's usually statistical of nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)