do most units at unsw have online lectures? (1 Viewer)

Abanious

HSC
N/A
title. specifically commerce/finance/economics units. thanks

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes, but they're poor recordings really and you may end up hearing static or almost nothing at all - so it's best to go to the lectures if you can.

Abanious

HSC
N/A
yeah i plan on it. its just that i have a 1hr lecture on a single day and it takes 1.5 hrs to get to uni one way. It's just a huge trek.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah i plan on it. its just that i have a 1hr lecture on a single day and it takes 1.5 hrs to get to uni one way. It's just a huge trek.
me too! i have a 1 hour physics lecture on friday and train/bus to and from there will be 4 hours in itself :(

wanna carpool?

Sup3rDry

HSC
me too! i have a 1 hour physics lecture on friday and train/bus to and from there will be 4 hours in itself :(

wanna carpool?
If this is the case just fuck it man. No point in attending the lecture let alone uni when you have a pointless one hour lecture. I made this mistake when I also started uni last year. It will likely be an unproductive lecture, with the lecturer going through shit from last week's material and barely touch on new stuff.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If this is the case just fuck it man. No point in attending the lecture let alone uni when you have a pointless one hour lecture. I made this mistake when I also started uni last year. It will likely be an unproductive lecture, with the lecturer going through shit from last week's material and barely touch on new stuff.
Alternatively, you go to the lecture anyway and use the rest of the day to study, catch up with friends or use consultation times for other subjects.

Remember, uni is not just about the classes you go to.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Same here ffs.

But first few weeks I will go on the Monday lecture.
Yeah I was thinking of doing the same. If the lecture is worth it as in we learn something new every week then ill go but if we're just going to have an unproductive lesson it's really not worth it IMO.

Agreed. I was serious with the carpool thing. Think about it, if one of us has a car and we all chip in for petrol and toll, it would be around the same cost as a mymulti but we'll be there in half the time? (Okay maybe like 3/4 the time depending on traffic)

williamdaft

HSC
damn.. seems i have to put in the effort in 3hr travelling

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
You'll get used to travelling four hours a day ( I don't go to unsw but I go to uts).

On the brings side, you can sleep :)

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
You'll get used to travelling four hours a day ( I don't go to unsw but I go to uts).

On the brings side, you can sleep :)
i'm pretty sure i'll get paranoid thinking i'd miss my bus stop :p

yasminee96

HSC
i'm pretty sure i'll get paranoid thinking i'd miss my bus stop :p
It takes you i assume 1 and a half hours to get to your destination, so, sleep, put an alarm for an hour after you go to sleep - it'll wake you half an hour before your stop ;)

no guarantee someone won't steal your stuff while you're asleep though.

and please don't be that annoying human who "accidentally" falls asleep on your shoulder on trains lol

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
It takes you i assume 1 and a half hours to get to your destination, so, sleep, put an alarm for an hour after you go to sleep - it'll wake you half an hour before your stop ;)

no guarantee someone won't steal your stuff while you're asleep though.

and please don't be that annoying human who "accidentally" falls asleep on your shoulder on trains lol

Awks if its done to a couple.

Seriously but that doesn't work when you have to car, then train, then bus for 2 hours before uni.

I almost slept on the train once coming back home but my consciousness was wondering of the time I would waste if I missed my stop and the possible stealing that someone could do to me.

It only works if you have a friend with you on the train who stays awake.

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Awks if its done to a couple.

Seriously but that doesn't work when you have to car, then train, then bus for 2 hours before uni.

I almost slept on the train once coming back home but my consciousness was wondering of the time I would waste if I missed my stop and the possible stealing that someone could do to me.

It only works if you have a friend with you on the train who stays awake.
This + I like listening to songs with my headphone in the bus while i sleep :p so no alarm for me..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)