• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

do Irish plays insult the irish (1 Viewer)

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
okay, I'm sure that there is at least one other person in the state that is doing Irish theatre. or someone from last year had done this.

I NEED HELP! it's a hard question, I'm conflicted. Dancing at Lughnasa- strong female characters, In beauty queen-characters that are... i suppose insulting.

what's the opinon out there? do Irish plays insult the Irish?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
This was last years HSC question. I remember reading it...

As for the question itself, look at the ways the characters are protrayed. Do the sterotype the people of Ireland. Similarly, are the events that unfold in the story based on plausible events, or are they drawn from Irish cliche's. Both these scenario's are insulting to the Irish.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
This was last years HSC question. I remember reading it...

As for the question itself, look at the ways the characters are protrayed. Do the sterotype the people of Ireland. Similarly, are the events that unfold in the story based on plausible events, or are they drawn from Irish cliche's. Both these scenario's are insulting to the Irish.
I know I'll be going OT...but...I just find it slightly...freaky...that This was made the day that my friend and I decided to look at past HSC papers and only noticed Irish Drama, and read this exact question in the 2008 HSC Exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)