do i still got a hope to get more than 95? (1 Viewer)

kuramashen

HSC
my ranking at school is not very good.but i want to get 95 UAI in the HSC.do i still got hope. can someone please give me some advices that could help. thx!

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Re: do i still HAVE a hope to get more than 95?

kuramashen said:
my ranking at school is not very good.but i want to get 95 UAI in the HSC.do i still got hope. can someone please give me some advices that could help. thx!
Not if you write "I got" in the English exam! But on a more serious note, this depends on your subjects, internal marks and ranks, all of which I don't know. But regardless, the time between now and the exams you can pull your marks up HEAPS by studying effectively. This time right now is to improve. The only way is up!

kuramashen

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
yes, just study.

kthnx!
thx.

i study ESL, ancient history . biology .chinese. math2u and EXT 1 math.
....and my ranking is not that good same as my school..
so ...i need to work hard and put more time for my study.

lala2

Banned
HSC
It'd be helpful if we actually knew some of your ranks and what school you went to. otherwise, just keep working--there's only a maximum of just over two months left!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
you need band 6's ina t least 6 of your units and high band 5's to have any chance of gettin 95 for your UAI
good luck

shazeh

HSC
be prepared beforehand and have a good nights sleep. never go to the exam room with empty stomach.
it really works. i improved my maths grades the same way

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
oh and have plenty of fluids in you....not too much though coz you wouldnt want to go to the bathroom mid way in an exam

lala2

Banned
HSC
azn_gangsta, depends what units--people have gotten only 90+ in 4U maths and nothing else and still got UAIs way above 95. But yes, you'd need a high 80s average to stand a good chance, assuming your subjects are not too bad scaling, i.e. neutral or above.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
high 80s as in high 80s band 5? or a high 80s mark out of 100 in the exam? coz i band 5 in most exams is around 70/100 or something isnt it?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Sorry, I meant band 5 as in overall HSC marks. Have a hunt around this website for speculation about what the raw mark for the band 6 cut-off is--differs from subject to subject, but generally, if you got 80%+ as a raw mark, you'd be solidly into the 90's as your exam mark.

angmor

HSC
cool. although i only really need band 5s to get into 80+ uai right? what sort of percentage then do u think i would generally need to get a band 5?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
with your subjects, all low band 5s will get you to around 91-92. the achievement level for a band 5 isnt so high, so the actual raw marks required wont be too high. for maths, i can tell you 96/120 is a band 6.

angmor

HSC
do u think 70% will cut it for band 5 in physics and chemistry?

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
hey, if your on target to get 7units band 6 (3math, 2math, bus, eco) and the 3 other units (english n chemistry) mayb high band 4 low band 5, what happens?? in addition due to bias marking for english in our school ive heard a rumour that the UAI people look more closely at your HSC english exam mark rather than your assessment mark!? is this true? Thanks for your help pplz =)

Mr. Sabuncuoglu

Foo Fighter
HSC
yes its true... they look at the english examination more so then ur internals... because everyone in the state is doing the same exam.. hence why they say... if u get a realli realli good English HSC mark... your going to set urself up for a good uai... unlike the other subjex, there may be like 7000 students doing it... but english... 60,000 or more do it....

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
thanks for that =)! but how much more do they look at it?? A considerable amount?? im coming around 30 but technically people externally who are hsc markers tell me im getting 18/20z where the school is only giving 14/20.. and thus my crap ranking.. so is it still possible to get a band 6 for english with the crap ranking?? thanks mate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)