Do i need to remember Historian names? (1 Viewer)

Boombam

HSC
How important is the name of Historian? Can you just write 'Historian said this'. I think i can remember them if i tried harder, but i don't want to waste time on it this close to the exams.

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
Teachers consider it a cardinal sin to use historiography and then just attribute to "historians". If you can't remember the name don't use it

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
As a Modern marker for the most of the last 20 years (not marking this year) I have regularly given full marks to 'one interpretation is xxxx while another interpretation is yyyy' type responses where the student clearly is able to identify that there are different views about something and that they can't remember the exact name of the historians. It is nice to read the name of the historian but if you don't have the names correct or mentioned at all it won't be held against you, at least in my experience.

Boombam

HSC
As a Modern marker for the most of the last 20 years (not marking this year) I have regularly given full marks to 'one interpretation is xxxx while another interpretation is yyyy' type responses where the student clearly is able to identify that there are different views about something and that they can't remember the exact name of the historians. It is nice to read the name of the historian but if you don't have the names correct or mentioned at all it won't be held against you, at least in my experience.
Oh, thank goodness. I use so much historiography is it very difficult to remember who said what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)