Do i need to add conclusion if i dont have time?? HELP PLZ (1 Viewer)

rafall

HSC
N/A
Hello,
so i have for studies of religion to write 2 essays and 3 short answer questions. Two short answer questions worth 6 marks each and the third worth 3 marks. Each essay worth 20 mark. I have ONLY 95 minutes!!

So can you help me by how many minutes i can write for each, i know what is the question and i can remember nearly everything.

But, if i dont have time is it important to finish the essay and write conclusion or just continue for example to finish your last body point?:confused2:

klee98

HSC
Nononono, write down that conclusion or you'll lose a chunk of marks!!
happened to me in history!

Constantine

HSC
Write the conclusion!
It doesn't have to be long, in fact, keep in short and just wrap up all your main points. For the top marks, you MUST have a conclusion that finishes strongly. You start off making a strong impression and you finish with one. There's no way your results are being maximised without a conclusion. Don't learn it the hard way.

rafall

HSC
N/A
Thank you all, I will write the conclusion :)

And how many minutes do you think I should leave for each essay? I was thinking in 40 mnt each? but how many words should each essay has?

rawrliongirl

HSC
My teacher always said to write a conclusion or you will lose marks. He told us if we have thing to talk about but we are running out of time, to just finish off with a conclusion and put the rest of our ideas in dot points afterwards or something so the marker can see we still had things we could have expanded on.

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
No matter what point you leave out, make sure you get that conclusion DOWN! You want to show the examiner that you finished that essay (even though you couldn't throw in one of your points).

Thus, I recommend putting your better points in the first few paragraphs and having the last body paragraph as a back up thing more than a vital organ of the essay.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I know in Visual Arts you lose marks if you don't put a conclusion.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Thank you all, I will write the conclusion :)

And how many minutes do you think I should leave for each essay? I was thinking in 40 mnt each? but how many words should each essay has?
If you're finding that your a slow writer keep your essays to around 800 words and you'll probably finish in 40 minutes. A good tip is that you should memorise your essay or atleast its structure off by heart so you know how it flows but again don't forget to mold it to the question and don't write everything word for word.

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
I came to an English seminar last year held by teachers from different schools. They said that in the HSC, writing a conclusion for the essay gives the students mark. So... YES!
In situation where you only have 5 or 10 minutes left and you know you cannot finish your last body paragraph. Just forget it and go straight to the conclusion.

Last edited:

braintic

HSC
N/A
Just conclude every essay with "therefore there is no god".

edwardf316

HSC
N/A
Even if its just a sentence or two, you need to include it. My history teacher was a head marker for Modern History and said that although not that much weight is put on the quality of it, it has to be there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)