Do I have the right to drop a subject at anytime? (1 Viewer)

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
so ive been wanting to drop pdhpe since the beginning of year 12... term 4 last year, they gave us 1 week for applications (need like 1000 signatures from teachers) to drop a subject, then didn't accept anymore after it.

so the same thing happened this year, and i managed to get the form signed by the last day of the deadline, but then they didnt accept it because i hadn't returned the textbook..

can they force me to keep the subject for another term????

thanks

HSC
Don't turn up to class anymore, if you want to drop it so badly. They can stop you from dropping the subject but they can't stop you from skipping class.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
our school lets us drop whenever we want [provided we have the signatures..of teacher/coordinator and parent]
its continually rammed into us that we can drop anysubject, anytime, up till the day before the exam.

in year 11, we had to have at least 11 units..
but now we're free...
read up on BOS.edu..
u should know ur rights!
haha

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
As long as you make 10 units you can drop it whenever you want.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
We had one guy promise the teacher he'd drop SDD before STUVAC began, (he made a deal with the teacher that if he dropped he could stay for the SDD lunch our teacher provided at the end of Term 3) but then what happened was as he went to try and drop, our acting principal at the time didn't let him drop and told him that the final subejcts etc had already been sent to the Board :s so in the end this kid had to sit/sleep through a 3 hour SDD exam that he didn't want to do and ended up pulling us all down.

[/rant]

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
That's not the point though. He wants to drop a subject now in which he should be able to as he will only bring the class down if he stays and doesn't want to be there. mrzeidan1 if I was you I would complain the deputy or if not then go higher and if that doesn't work bring your parents into it and I am sure they will bow down to pressure.

:( That's pretty stupid priesty. I had people in my SDD class that didn't want to be there nor do it but they had no choice as they couldn't drop it as they wouldn't of had enough units, I am sure they pull us down. But in your cass he actually wanted to drop but couldn't oh well acting prinicipal's fault for letting your class get pulled down.

Last edited:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
There is a cutoff date which is when marks are finally sent to the BOS but otherwise it is your right to drop a subject anytime you like.

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
You can actually drop out of a subject right up until the final HSC exams, I'm not sure exactly how many days before your actual exam though. I was going to do that last year but didn't end up going through with it.

Bottom line is they can't force you to go to class, and they cant make you do the work.

So just dont do it! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)