Do I have any hope? (1 Viewer)

Coolboi2

HSC
I have only begun studying today after being unmotivated to do well for the past year. Now that I have motivation I have no idea where to start and find myself staring at notes without a clue what to do. What is the best way to study, or I guess cram, for my upcoming exams? I have Advanced English on Monday and Wednesday with Earth and Environmental Science in between. I feel like I do not know any of the content.

Demise

HSC
Start studying for english, and ouch, that sucks with your in-between subject! :/

After english, begin cramming notes as much as you can before your next exam, and then continue.

Rawf

HSC
For english.. write out your essays as many times as you can. Record yourself reading it, listen to it whenever you have time.. like you can listen to it while doing maths or whatever.
For science, get the syllabus... write out the dot point numbers (label your syllabus) and then slot your notes underneath it. That's what I'm doing for business, I'm writing out my notes too so it gets into my head better.
You still have hope, there's always hope in the world buddy.

Demise

HSC
Bro, just think positively, the end of the HSC does not mean the end of your life, I know it's a cliche but seriously, I know people who get 90+ and end up hating their course, hating their careers and going back to uni and doing something else as a mature age student.

Moral of the story: Even if you good, you're still most likely going to get f*cked in life.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Look at the exam papers and see how much of it you can do without the notes.

For the essays, write up essay plans instead of the essay itself. By this stage, you should be able to write an essay provided you know what you're talking about so I feel this is a better strategy to save time.

Once you do that, revise until you can do all the papers without revision.

NinaChapps

HSC
This will sound incredibly pessimistic, but I really don't know how you're going to pull this off. Even if you do serious cramming in the small space of time you have, most subjects have a ridiculous amount of content, even the more practical ones. Yes, you many be able to revise all the content but how much will you really be able to remember when you probably won't get much sleep, and sleep is incredibly important. I wish you luck though!

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's possible to pull off okay results with a cram but not good ones unless you are naturally very intelligent.

How many units do you have?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)