Do Guys Accept Flowers? (1 Viewer)

HSC
absolution* said:
boys dont understand flowers

you put them in water

then they die
Yeah, same. I could give some1 flowers, but if I got them I wouldn't know what in the hell to do with them.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
If I was a guy and my girlfriend gave me flowers I would be like what the? Cos I wouldnt want flowers if I was a guy. I dont think.. Anyway the point of the story is its like giving a chick something specifically for guys.. Like, stuff..

wanton-wonton

HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
my boyfriend and i give flowers to each other.

i give him handmade stuff and soft toys too :) our present-giving system is very cutesy.
Gathering from what you've been saying about your boyfriend, he must be:

1. Short
2. Pretty-boy-ish
3. A wuss.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
jebbie said:
If I was a guy and my girlfriend gave me flowers I would be like what the? Cos I wouldnt want flowers if I was a guy. I dont think.. Anyway the point of the story is its like giving a chick something specifically for guys.. Like, stuff..

i dont think most people are saying guys like flowers, its just that if your girlfriend were to give you some its a nice show of affection...something different and unexpected

sure he wouldnt go tell all his mates, but yeah thats another element that makes it special between the 2 of you

jebbie

HSC
But if I was a guy I'd be like why didnt she spend the money on something I like?

EDIT: Like is the wrong word. More like why didnt she spend it on something I could show my mates? I dont know. Personal opinion..

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah but not everything is about your mates, although must guys wouldnt agree its nice whenever someone you like suprises you- even if its flowers

just make sure you are not in a public setting, because then im sure he would return the favour with rose petals all over your bedroom :p

jebbie

HSC
Heh anyway I was just saying I dont think any guy i would go out with would appreciate it (as much as I would in receiving flowers) and to me it seems silly in buying something that sure might suprise him but maybe he doesnt want. Maybe thats the fault in all my relationships, because its not even a gift idea I would consider. Maybe guys trully do want flowers but say no cos theyre all macho. Macho is really the wrong word :\ Oh well..

jebbie

HSC
markmooks said:
Flowers can be embarrasing... At a past job once I had a many hour phone call to two girl friends in NYC. They were getting very drunk on Friday night with some wine and I was at the office on the phone chatting for ages, it was pretty funny and whacked :)

Anyway come the Monday they'd sent me flowers to the office saying "Thanks for an awesome night - Deb & Sarah". I get a phone call from the receptionist that they were at the desk and the flower guy wanted to give them to me personally, probably to get the gossip. Anyway I faked some excuse and said I'd be down later. When I got them I split them into a few posies and gave them to some girls around the office, saying they were from my auntie for helping my cousin out with something :)
What a lovely lying sleaze <3 Aww

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
jebbie said:
Heh anyway I was just saying I dont think any guy i would go out with would appreciate it (as much as I would in receiving flowers) and to me it seems silly in buying something that sure might suprise him but maybe he doesnt want. Maybe thats the fault in all my relationships, because its not even a gift idea I would consider. Maybe guys trully do want flowers but say no cos theyre all macho. Macho is really the wrong word :\ Oh well..
No you have the right idea, dont start getting the wrong idea

jebbie

HSC
Korn said:
No, i was being a smartarse and meaning real flowers
Its true, you can eat rose petals. Im not too sure when but in England there used to be a recipe thing for sugar coated rose petals. They were considered similar to a lolly...

Anyway I agree I dont think they are a suitable gift for a guy, btu thats my opinion in reference to the guys I know.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
jebbie said:
Its true, you can eat rose petals. Im not too sure when but in England there used to be a recipe thing for sugar coated rose petals. They were considered similar to a lolly...

Anyway I agree I dont think they are a suitable gift for a guy, btu thats my opinion in reference to the guys I know.
Thats weirdm eating flowers, can you just pick them off the plant/tree & eat them

HSC
There are those purple flowers, what are they called? Phloxs?

The liquid is really sweet. But i never tried eating them.
Takes me back to childhood...

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
on my way to find chocolate, i saw a girl give a guy flowers and he was like "awww..." and they kissed passionatly (rules out the fact he's gay...)

is this just a new tradition that i wasn't aware about?

makes buying presents for guys a bit easier?

if you're a guy, what are your thoughts?

and girls? discuss.

EDIT: i've also seen it in a few tv shows, like in friends when rachel buys ross flowers when he comes back to the country, except he's with an asian girl...
I offered to buy flowers for one of my friends birthdays recently. He said it would be too embarassing ... so I bought him babyfood, bubble bath and whiteboard markers.
No shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)