Do different prescribed text options scale differently? (1 Viewer)

Rohanco

HSC
Obviously different module options scale differently e.g Hamlet scales higher than speeches. But I'm worried that different prescribed texts for the area of study scale differently as well. Our teacher has chosen for us to do Strictly Ballroom, and I have a feeling that it wont scale as well as someone doing Dickinson's poetry, am I right?

deswa1

HSC
The idea behind text scaling is that the question will suit some texts more than others- hence they will get higher marks- hence scaling to equalise the process. Hamlet doesn't always scale higher than speeches for example I would say. In fact this year I'd be extremely surprised if it did considering that Speeches had a specification and Hamlet didn't etc. Don't worry about things like this that are extremely small and you can't really affect anyway- just do well in Strictly Ballroom and you'll be fine

Rohanco

HSC
The idea behind text scaling is that the question will suit some texts more than others- hence they will get higher marks- hence scaling to equalise the process.
Oh had a look over a few papers comparing text relevance to question, I can see what your talking about. Thanks :)

Macqncheese

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yes.

However, often it is unnoticeable. So you won't be disadvantaged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)