do any of you take days off? (1 Viewer)

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
does anyone take days off to study or relax or catch up on sleep or whatever... ? do you think its more beneficial going to school every day? ... what does everyone think.... ?

SkAnDi

HSC
Fuck yeah.

Today was the first wednesday i've been at school in like a term.

I think i've been a total of 5 times this year?

Not that many.

I wanted to get my english trial back so went in today.

I did notice that when iw as cramming for exams, the stuff i hadn't learnt in class, was far harder to cram for then the stuff i semi-knew already.

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
ok good

cos in some of my classes we are doing basically nothing and its so frustrating, such a waste of time

plus i need sleep

but i dont wanna say too much in case teachers snoop around this site ....

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah

i take every 2nd wednesday off now, simply cos its sport day (we finish school at 12:20) and to compound that, i only have 1 period for that day (50 mins) and 2 free periods, out of the whole 3 period day

hUnNi

HSC
yeh i take days off..i mean u can do much more productive study at home..rather than at school..we're basically doing revision at school..so its much beta being at home..unless u dont know ur stuf n u gota learn it..den u shud go..to ask ur teachers questions..

Christine

beige member
HSC
i'm all for studying at home...but logically going to school and revising within a group works wonders cause your consolidating what u already know and getting new perspectives about it and u never know........that little bit of info u pick up could make the difference between a band 5 answer and a band 6 answer...

basically what i'm doing is going to school and doing my own study notes in class whilst listening to the teacher....

Morgues

I haven't taken any days off post trials, simply because there is only a few weeks left and then thats it......no more school ever again
don't want to waste any of the ones left

Just to put in perspective the kind of crap we do in class at the moment:

english - watching lord of the rings dvd
physics - got a substitute who has no idea
ipt - surfing the net
sdd - surfing the net
maths - only subject i have a decent teacher, everyone actually works

bellicoseboy

I'm still going to every class, because it forces you to study all subjects. If I stayed at home I'd just do Physics and never any English.

AiMz

HSC
Umm i mostly take like half day off...like for tomorrow i'm not gonna go to school cuz its not worth going so i'm staying home!! hehee

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hehehe.. :D

i take days off all da time...well not that many now cos i gotta get good attendance ;)
but i jus take first periods off mostly... eg.. TODAY! hehe :D i woke up at 8ish and i had phy6 first up...im like nahhhh... sleep! hehehe.. so jus went to skool fo 2nd period and 3rd didn't bother signing in and 4th period i jus walked out.. went shoppin and met up wit a friend and went home hehe :D

but mostly i take days off to sleep..even tho i mayb meaning to study but i sleep instead :D

Anton

HSC
My attendance recently is shocking. Been at school 50% of the time in the past two weeks. I justify it by saying we do shit all work in class, it's boring and I really love sleeping in so much.
However, for the last 3 school weeks of my life, I'll make a much more concerted effort to go every day, because, hey...why not?

Glad I'm not the only one who is anti-going-to-school!

Anton

mannnnndy

chocoholic
im finding that were doing less and less work in class and just bludging around like today which is was the most pointless day at school ive had in ages. ok this is how it went
1st - ancient - show up late & watch a video with a substitue
2nd - english - didnt feel like going so went on the internet
3rd - free - spent wandering around the school looking 4 something 2 do
4th - maths with yet another substitue so i went 2 the library and talked 2 ppl
5th - bio with ANOTHER substitute
6th - chem where we never do anything except talk
(by the way i gave up at lunch and went home when i found out that we would have a sub 4 bio) all in all, a bloody waste of time

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
well.. i was dead this morning but i dragged myself outta bed.. jus made it to skool b4 the bell rang fo first period.. man! i was like runnin up 3 flight of stairs to roll call.. damn! i'm motivated! hahahahaha :D (that is motivated to get my name marked off on da roll...hehe :p)

hmm.. i had maths last.. i decided to go home so called my dad and walked out of skool.. and went.. went home...watched a bit of oprah..then a bit of passions..then this other show hahaha :D

Lazy

Old Bastard
HSC
Im always having days off simply for the fact that i cant get up in the morning. You all know what i mean: your beds just so warm and comfy, and your still drowsy, and you think "what am i really going to be doing today, ahhh bugger school" so you decide to sleep just a little bit longer. Were all entitled to 2 or 3 days off a week anyway in my opinion :p

Anton

HSC
Lazy, I agree 100%. I'm glad someone out there is just like me in that regard!

Anton

hUnNi

HSC
yeHhh bludgers...u shud jus get outa bed..we got 2 more months..n den u can sleep all u want..;) :p

hUnNi

HSC
yeHhh bludgers...u shud jus get outa bed..we got 2 more months..n den u can sleep all u want..;) :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)