Distribution of income and wealth (1 Viewer)

rajputsingh

HSC
hey ive got an assesment coming up and i hav no idea where 2 staart i read my textbook the riley one and it has nothing in there about my questions okay the questions are:

1)Analyse how this issue affects the Australian economy

2)Discuss how the particular issue relates to the economic growth of the Australian economy

im doing the distribution of income and wealth and i hav no idea pleaaaase help someone lol thanks

mcs-one

Grease Bucket
HSC
rajputsingh said:
hey ive got an assesment coming up and i hav no idea where 2 staart i read my textbook the riley one and it has nothing in there about my questions okay the questions are:

1)Analyse how this issue affects the Australian economy

2)Discuss how the particular issue relates to the economic growth of the Australian economy

im doing the distribution of income and wealth and i hav no idea pleaaaase help someone lol thanks
i have the leading edge one:

this is wat i have in my notes:

Economists generally assume that economic growth contributes to higher living standards and therefore better outcomes for everyone. However, this is not necessarily so, as the benefits flow mainly in particular groups of society, e.g. Shareholders, company executives, etc. rather than flowing broadly to people through wage increases.

so just expand upon that.

gnrlies

HSC
Here are a few starting points:

-How does inequality affect the economy's stakeholders (firms, individuals, government)

-What impact does inequality have on MPC and MPS (and subsequently the multiplier)

-What incentive effects does inequality provide? (i.e. if we had perfect equality would people have an incentive to work hard?)

-What are some statistics regarding dist of income (find out australia's gini, and work out portion of income held by top and bottom quintiles etc. What are the trends?)

But you know part of a research essay is that you do research.... Textbooks do not count as research. Asking people on BOS would also disqualify as research...

Anyway i've given you a few points to think about.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)