Distinctively Visual - Shoe Horn Sonata related texts (2011) (1 Viewer)

kBOS

HSC
N/A
started a new thread because the 2010 threads are all corrupted.
Does anyone know any really good related texts for distinctively visual? (I'm doing Shoe Horn).

Last edited:

roofusss

HSC
started a new thread because the 2010 threads are all corrupted.
Does anyone know any really good related texts for distinctively visual? (I'm doing Shoe Horn).
well "paradise road" (film) is pretty much the same thing, or you could try "The Pianist" (film)
or naypalm girl a picture from the vietnam war about a girl who got hit by napalm is good according to my teacher

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
We need a related text?!
Yes, the only Module that doesn't require related texts is Module B.

Any text would work, as long as they have a profound impact on how you see the world. As, 'Roofusss' stated, any of those texts they listed would work great, as it challenges your concept of normality and what you perceive as traditional / normal. 'Elsewhere' by Gabrielle Zevin would be another good texts, as it would alter the way you perceive the afterlife and life itself. I'm not sure of many other related texts, as I still am to complete this Module myself.

KGZ9

HSC
any more suggestions would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Haha, I've done the Module now since my last lot of input.

In my class we have done the following related texts:

- 'William Street' - Kenneth Slessor (Poem).
- 'Scenic Drive' - R. Cobb (Cartoon).
- 'Preludes' - T.S. Eliot (Poem).
- 'The Lovesong of J.Alfred Prufrock' - T.S. Eliot (Poem).
- 'Cell Block Tango' - Chicago Musical (Musical Performance) - sooo damn catchy. D:
- 'Pleasantville' - Gary Ross (Film).

All the above were for 'The Shoe-Horn Sonata'. But I would imagine they could be adapted to pretty much any of the prescribed texts in Module A: Distinctively Visual.

alisafa

HSC
any one ready for the hsc MONDAY :( cant wait till its over and done with

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
any one ready for the hsc MONDAY :( cant wait till its over and done with
No... Hahaha.
Totes not ready for Belonging on Tuesday, but I know I'll kill the Standard exam on Wednesday.

lucinda21

HSC
N/A
anyone no some distinctivly visual tecniques in Alexander Kimel’s ‘The Action in the Ghetto of Rohatyn, March 1942’ ?

Morgdawg1

HSC
A fantastic related text is 'bowling for columbine' - Michael Moore (film) very powerful, and very similar to the issues in shoe horn

-Morgann

HSC
N/A
Just to add, since this has had so many people looking, texts which look at the brutality of conflict, such as Nuremberg, Gallipoli, Beneath Hill 60, Kokoda, companionship/support/loyalty in hostile/difficult situations such as Matrix, Midnight Cowboy, About a Boy; the dishonesty of governments-Iraq invasion resources, Julian Assange/Edward Norton resources; the impact of memory in a picture book like Memorial or a film like "The Iron lady" can all connect to "Shoe-horn". Propaganda posters from the first and second world wars, as well as advertisements trying to depict a confronting message on e.g. drink driving or anti-smoking, can also be useful sources of distinctively visual texts used to reveal ideas, engage responders and demonstrate different experiences in unique/special ways.

natasha_v121

HSC
gallipoli related text for shoe horn
anyone know hw to talk about it
it's a picture book

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)