Distinctively Visual Other Related Texts? (1 Viewer)

HSC
i dont quite understand how to use any of these as a related text...
talk bout how it shows the colonisation of australia with 'The Rabbits'(for e.g.) with some visual techniques.

@OP: i suggest using The Rabbits + something good from BBC.com, mainly a photobook from there :)

Lockee

HSC
they dont hate to be particularly closely related - sometimes texts which are really different work well together.
i do advanced but my friends do standard so here are my suggestions:

think really broad --> music videos are really good.
"Nothing Compares 2 U" (though it is very simplistic, takes a lot of effort to write about). Sinead O'Connor
"Space Oddity". David Bowie
"Candyman" Christina Aguilera
"I Don't Like It" Pauline Pantsdown
watch Rage at midnight on the weekend - there are some really weird videos that would have a lot to write about

Picture books by Shawn Tan. particularly
"The Red Tree",
"The Rabbits",
"The Arrival".
or "A Monster Wrote Me A Letter" (also distinctive voices) I don't remember who wrote that.

Movies/TV: anything with twins (or crossdressers) in it.
Labyrinth (movie).
Even Sesame Street could be good.
And I hate to say it: hannah montana

Even YouTube videos. There is a big push for ultra-contemporary/interactive texts (a teacher suggested that I use Facebook as a text for belonging, wikipedia is prescribed in Mod C). Think flash freeze or something similar.

Comic strips, cartoons (pokemon!!) etc could work well too.

If you're really daring, video games. but that could be a bit risky.
Most of these are really bad texts. Music videos? Anime??? Video games????? Are you kidding? Don't do what s/he's suggesting.

Remember, you're catering to the fairly conservative Generation X audience in the HSC, not adolescents.

Good texts for it would be Henry Lawson's poems (NOT short stories, this is a prescribed text), Mankind is No Island (short movie on youtube), Bruce Dawe's poems, The Global Village and so forth.

Stevz

HSC
Hey Lockee just wondering if you have any techniques n stuff for Mankind is No Island (short movie on youtube)
Cheers,

suraya91

HSC
I used some of Adolf Hitler's speeches for my related material, linked it straight to the character of Harry Lavender...got away with a 16/20 in the end, but it's damn risky...like I've been warned that it might not even be viewed as a proper supplementary text. And what if a Jew marked my paper? :uhoh: LOL

supernerdattack

HSC
@Lockee:
there is a push in HSC for "ultra-modern" text. a teacher suggested using Facebook as an ORT for belonging.
Anime, video games etc fall into a similar category. considering this is the first year of distinctively visual, you can use more risky texts than you will be able to in upcoming years as then there will be more guidelines to what did well. a text is something that communicates an idea - all you need (as far as im concerned) is to be be able to say that these ideas are communicated using unique visual means.

cynthia92

HSC
does any one know any related text for distinctvley visual for MAESTRO ? by peter goldsworthy..

chaldo_123

HSC
im doing Run Lola Run for my 2010 HSC, is it a good text too use in the HSC or should i pick another one? if its good please send me the notes you have one it.

thank you

tully1

HSC
i'm doing American Beauty, but im not sure how to link it back to Shoe Horn =\

saintclare

HSC
i am doing that aswell! and im having trouble finding a related text too. did you find one?

kathryn93

HSC
Hi im new to all of this , but im doing my year 12 half yearly exam tomorrow and run lola run is one im doing i hate related texts for them but i think im going to change them cause there not that good , does any one have an suggestions related to run lola run?

Would be great if you could help please!

ac91

HSC
Hey guys,
Just thought I'd tell you all that I am selling a "Run Lola Run" study guide, which I found really useful for $10. It has plenty of info plus heaps of related text ideas. If any of you are interested msg me!
:D

musicxbox

HSC
I'm looking for related text too for RLR and I need 3 =\
God any good suggestions guys?

nnarsey

Gandhi
HSC
I'm looking for related texts for Shoehorn Sonata? Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I used Evangelion 1.01 the anime directed by Hideaki Anno and my prescribed was Maestro by Peter Goldsworthy. Strange match-up I know, but it worked quite well.
I linked the use of red to describe Keller and the reds used as a motif to describe Shinji.
I also linked the portrayal of the Darwinians and the people surrounding Shinji.
It was pretty good. I think I went well in this section, I'll have to wait for raw marks though.

THE_WIV

HSC
For those looking for Henry Lawson related texts (could be related to other prescribed texts):

- A thorough one is the anti-war novel Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo.
- A quick one is the song One by Metallica. The lyrics are actually based on Johnny Got His Gun and the music video has clips from the film adaptation of the book (same name, directed and written by the author so it could also be a related text if you can find it but I haven't seen it so I don't know for sure).

Miasmajesty

HSC
Are there any other good animes (apart from Evangelion 1.01) to use for a related text?
If not, are there any great picture books or poems to use for a related text?

sai96

HSC
Does anyone have one? I'm stuck in trying to find a good one!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)