Distinction Courses: Interest and discussion on the proposed cancellation of courses (1 Viewer)

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Re: Distinction Courses: Interest and discussion on the proposed cancellation of cour

lyounamu said:
So three people on BoS applying for cosie?

Great. :)

See ya there boys/girl(s)!
i''m not sure about that, i'd probably b running away, too shy

VampireGirl

HSC
ahh darn i just read that comparative literature will not be offered. Gah my friend is going to be so annoyed.

Yay for cosmology.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
VampireGirl said:
ahh darn i just read that comparative literature will not be offered. Gah my friend is going to be so annoyed.

Yay for cosmology.
Another gal, aye?

Welcome aboard for cosie~ :p

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Re: Distinction Courses: Interest and discussion on the proposed cancellation of cour

lol, goodluck telling your friend, so many people want to do these courses, i'm worried i wont get it !

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Timothy.Siu said:
i''m not sure about that, i'd probably b running away, too shy
no, you won't. You will be the first one that I will try to find once I get to the meeting stage. :eek:

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

lyounamu said:
no, you won't. You will be the first one that I will try to find once I get to the meeting stage. :eek:
lol, how are u gonna do that, i can imagine u asking everyone "are u timothy" lol. dont even know wat i look like! and i dont knwo wat u look like either :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Timothy.Siu said:
lol, how are u gonna do that, i can imagine u asking everyone "are u timothy" lol. dont even know wat i look like! and i dont knwo wat u look like either :D
Nah, it's actually really easy. All I gotta do is to quickly interrupt a lecturer and post up a hard 2 unit maths question on the board and the one who answers fastest/most accruately would be you or the one who actually starts the working out to solve the question.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

lyounamu said:
Nah, it's actually really easy. All I gotta do is to quickly interrupt a lecturer and post up a hard 2 unit maths question on the board and the one who answers fastest/most accruately would be you or the one who actually starts the working out to solve the question.
i dont see that working now.

HSC
Haha, Tim, look at your sig! That's gold.

lyounamu said:
The lecturer would be soo impressed, he'd be like "woah, a student who is so passionate about maths he has to solve each equation as soon as he thinks of it! Scrap cosmo, I'll make him an extra maths extension."

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Elisa.the.Sweda said:

The lecturer would be soo impressed, he'd be like "woah, a student who is so passionate about maths he has to solve each equation as soon as he thinks of it! Scrap cosmo, I'll make him an extra maths extension."
lol. It would certainly be my pleasure to engage in Extension 3 Mathematics. :p

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

Elisa.the.Sweda said:
lol i wonder who said that
lyounamu said:
lol. It would certainly be my pleasure to engage in Extension 3 Mathematics. :p
lol extension 3, i dunno mite b too hard for me but if would be interesting 6 units of maths? nice.

HSC

Timothy.Siu said:
lol i wonder who said that
I dunno, but I'm sure it's someone REALLY smart. I mean, it's such an awesome quote. It will live on in history.

:D

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

Elisa.the.Sweda said:
I dunno, but I'm sure it's someone REALLY smart. I mean, it's such an awesome quote. It will live on in history.

:D
haha, i'm sure that they're smart too.
btw are u still keeping to that resolution of not checking emails/BoS etc. more than 2 times a day :) or is that for when school starts

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
haha, i'm sure that they're smart too.
btw are u still keeping to that resolution of not checking emails/BoS etc. more than 2 times a day :) or is that for when school starts
You got me.
I honestly tried-- but today it's not really working :D I think I will try harder once school starts....

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

Elisa.the.Sweda said:
You got me.
I honestly tried-- but today it's not really working :D I think I will try harder once school starts....
ok just reminding you :D good luck with it

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC

2009 Distinction Course Briefing Day

Attendance at the 2009 HSC Distinction Course Program Briefing Day is highly recommended for all students eligible for, and considering enrolment in, the 2009 program and for their teachers/parents. Briefing sessions will include information on the courses, application procedures, assessment and residential schools. A forum for your questions and answers by course staff will be provided to conclude the day.

WHERE:
Slade Lecture Theatre
School of Physics
University of Sydney, Camperdown
Sydney NSW 2006

WHEN:
Friday 21 November 2008
10:00am to 4:00pm
(Registration commences at 9:30am)

RSVP:
5pm Friday 31 October 2008

Pre-registration is essential: Click Here(http://www.distinction.nsw.edu.au/bwWebsite/eoi.pdf) to download a Notification of Attendance Form

Information about the event, including a copy of the program, will be made available here closer to the date

VampireGirl

HSC
lyounamu said:
Another gal, aye?

Welcome aboard for cosie~ :p
Haha thank you.:)

Ooo application forms for the briefing day are out!
When do the expressions of interest forms come out?
This is what they posted:
"Applications for enrolment into Cosmology or Philosophy for 2009 will commence at the beginning of term four. More information, including a link to the application form, will be posted here when the Board of Studies makes this available. Unfortunately Comparative Literature will not be offered in 2009."

But they're being so vague! i want dates people:mad1:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Timothy.Siu said:
Did you hand in the information evening form? How do you send it> By email?

Can you please give me the address where I need to send it to?

I am going for mail but I am not sure about the address. Thanks

By the way, is it compulsory to attend? I am definitely going but I am not sure if I can be dismissed from the enrolment of the program if I fail to attend..

Last edited:

VampireGirl

HSC

lyounamu said:
Did you hand in the information evening form? How do you send it> By email?

Can you please give me the address where I need to send it to?

I am going for mail but I am not sure about the address. Thanks

By the way, is it compulsory to attend? I am definitely going but I am not sure if I can be dismissed from the enrolment of the program if I fail to attend..
I was going to ask exactly the same question. I thought of emailing too, but which address exactly?:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)