Distinction Courses Info Day, Thursday 23/11 (1 Viewer)

Amaybro

HSC
Most probably yes...

Analyse? :p lol. there was a thread on this earlier... neway, which course did you do? did you like it?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
i am aware the there was another thread, but that is now lost inthe fabric of spacetime- its worldline separate from yours or mine,m never to coincide with one another again.

yeah, so i did cosmo. it rawked.

punk_tartan

HSC
yayyyyy

im going bookie

and i shall get to see u again
much fun in the poker days of the res

brainwad

His Imperial Majesty
HSC
i'm going obviously...

Do Cosmo, its only 13 days of work all year (1 day per Assignment + 7 days for MP :p)... Actually if you want to do well I suggest doing more work than I did, but hey :)

Amaybro

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Yeah, you know, the analysis of how much better Cosmology is compared to the other courses :cool:

I'm going, definately.
Ever arrogant searcher whose soul shimmers across the void that is the cosmos. :p

On a lighter note ill see all you pplz there :)

Amaybro

HSC
OK guys, its over... What did ya'll think? I found the whole day interesting, somewhat compelling (they make it sound like so much more work than ppl on BoS have been suggesting :p)

ravdawg

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
It reinforced my belief that Cosmology pwns all other Distinction Courses.
Yeah, same, and they did seem to make it loook like we need to work non stop on each module if we want to think about even completing the course! :S

However I'm still up for it and hope i get in.

Amaybro

HSC
*sigh* such blatant arrogance :p

Granted cosmology is a great course but i disagree it 'pwned' all other courses, unless your a complete maths/science type of person who focuses on objective work, and not an english 'must think of another way' type of person (i'm stereotyping here, a lot of ppl who attended probably share interests and abilities in both...)

I personally found all three highly interesting ;)

webby234

HSC
N/A
Amaybro said:
OK guys, its over... What did ya'll think? I found the whole day interesting, somewhat compelling (they make it sound like so much more work than ppl on BoS have been suggesting :p)
It is a huge amount of work. I will warn you now - do not do this for an easy ride. I know for Cosmology at least (not sure about Philosophy) you do an assignment, then you get back to doing your work for the other subjects, then suddenly there's another assignment due in a couple of weeks. Yes, it is possible to leave the bulk of the work to the last couple of days, but you will struggle to write it in the single night and research needs to be started earlier. In summary, it is a large amount of work and a big committment. Do not go in with the attitude that you'lll just try it then drop out if it gets too hard. Do it only if you are willing to work hard, including some of what otherwise would be free time. If you go into it with the right attitude, then you will find it challenging but rewarding and immensely interesting.

So don't do it for the UAI (for the majority it doesn't count anyway), think of it as something extra that you're doing for your own enjoyment. At a meeting yesterday reforming the alumni association, a group of past students (predominately from this year) made a committment to help past students, mainly through the website (which you get access to if you do the course). Certainly if you do cosmology you can ask me questions at any time you wish, although the lecturers are very approachable, so you'd probably be better asking them.

It reinforced my belief that Cosmology pwns all other Distinction Courses.
Haha - what did you think of McKinnon (the Scottish guy) and Bruce? Did you hear the cheer that went up when McKinnon walked in? We were more rowdy than the other two groups as well :p

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
webby234 said:
Haha - what did you think of McKinnon (the Scottish guy) and Bruce? Did you hear the cheer that went up when McKinnon walked in? We were more rowdy than the other two groups as well :p
Haha, both sounded like they were great guys, and they really did know their stuff, from the sounds of it :) Oh yeah, I did hear that one, three rows down from you guys, and still got temporary deafness :p What's life without getting a little bit rowdy?

Amaybro

HSC
Bookie said:
just donmt do philosophy
Why?

Webby, i understand your thoughts. The constant reference to the size of 'the package' to appear at our doorsteps as well as reminders to consistently keep up to date helped reinforce that.
I feel my interest should be enough to carry me through, but i will think twice before posting my application...

spadijer, really? i am interested in the whole metaphysical debate but eastern philosophy + ludwig were really what i hoped to do a lot of research on (especially eastern)... hmm...

do you guys know much about the comp lit course? everyone i know says its too much reading, but i like reading (as long as its not too too much of it) so...

Bookie

Banned
HSC
well i was talking to Xgay yestrday. he reckons cosmo has the most work judging my the assessments.

Complit i think requires you to read a lot, but theres one speech, three assignments and an external hsc exam. so its not too bad i dont think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)