Distinction Courses - Did You Get In? (1 Viewer)

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
Dude, 7 applicants for Comp Lit from one school? You guys pretty much outnumber the whole course candidature of 2006 :p (i loled at the guy who got first in Comp Lit this year, just because he had to beat all of ten people :p no offense, dude, whoever you are, but you did do comp lit)

I got in to Philo 2006 with 88 for English Advanced and 46 for Extension 1, so you don't have to be super-duper awesome to get in.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
tillytilly said:
Heh thanks- congrats to you tooo. I'm all excited about it haha.
Thanks, same here :)
tillytilly said:
Umm from my school there were 7 applicants for Comp Lit, we all got in. And about 3 for Cosmology I think? And they all got like ridiculously awesome 97s and such in 4U Maths, so y'know. I dunno if anyone from here applied for Philosophy. But anyway, I was really really not expecting to get in, so it was pretty cool.
We had only the two applicants, myself for Cosmology and another for Philosophy, but he's overseas so I don't know if he got in yet. This should be fun ;)

basketcase89

I've got a sunset
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Haha holy fuck, that would've almost been a certainty :uhhuh: Too bad you didn't apply, would have loved to meet you at the residential ;)

To the topic of the thread, yes I did get the phone call, and yes, I'm now in Cosmology :D I remember on the sheet it says that phone calls will be made in the 19th-21st of December, so you might still have a chance :)
Congrats Gab!:D

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Congrats to you both Tillytilly and SoulSeacher! The hard work paid off.

Comparative literature sounds pretty interesting, methinks.

xclo

HSC
hehe, if ur doing cosmo, be prepared for something u'll never even come close to in high school. if ur in year 12 aswell, i can only hope u best of luck... hope u can survive

Bookie

Banned
HSC
so did i.

now youve got no excuses.

however v1rtU4l [uai 100) and icycloud (uai 99.95) dropped out. weaklings.

on another note, topper cosmology topper James Vincent also got uai 100.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
the best thing about DCs is the people you meet.

your nerd network becomes massive.

i mean, i know 6 of the 'top of a subject' people now. 2 i knew beforehand, but 4 i met through DCs.

its a special group. do not take it for granted - and do not drop it.

wingman

Let's Rock N' Roll
HSC
Congrats Guys,
From a ex-cosmo student, you'll definitely enjoy the residentials, they are great fun. I remember the first residential, all you did was play cricket and tennis. Haha!

Dongle

HSC
xclo said:
hehe, if ur doing cosmo, be prepared for something u'll never even come close to in high school. if ur in year 12 aswell, i can only hope u best of luck... hope u can survive
Thank god I'm in Yr 11 next year when doing Cosmo (got 93 in SDD).

philz

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I remember a hell of a lot of kids from Penrith High came to the info day this year.
Wooz said:
Yeah they made the whole accelerated maths class of around 23 people go, how many people were there in total? Do u remember anyone in particular from Penrith?
Hah, im from Penrith High, and yeah I went to that info day. Ask anything.

Hi Jason.

Website said:
Exceptional students who have accelerated and completed, ahead of their cohort, all HSC course requirements in one subject area generally at the highest level may be eligible to study a Distinction Course.
Students will have completed the accelerated course the year prior to that in which they intend to study a Distinction Course.
Im not sure about the validity of this, considering like, more than half of the people who applied, got into their courses THAT I KNOW OF. Which means about 7 cosmo people. We were sitting in the deserted maths room (free periods rule), when one of our friends got a phone call, saying he got in cosmo. And one after another they went off ..

--

And if Robert reads this .. Sup.

Last edited:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Haha holy fuck, that would've almost been a certainty :uhhuh: Too bad you didn't apply, would have loved to meet you at the residential ;)

To the topic of the thread, yes I did get the phone call, and yes, I'm now in Cosmology :D I remember on the sheet it says that phone calls will be made in the 19th-21st of December, so you might still have a chance :)
Congratulations, I remember that you were very eager to get in. And you made it!

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
philz said:
Im not sure about the validity of this, considering like, more than half of the people who applied, got into their courses THAT I KNOW OF. Which means about 7 cosmo people. We were sitting in the deserted maths room (free periods rule), when one of our friends got a phone call, saying he got in cosmo. And one after another they went off ..
Well, from what I gather, there's around 30 kids in Cosmology this year.

Chocolat

HSC
My very good friend just phoned me from overseas and informed me that she got into Philosophy! I am SO happy for her! She was so worried that she wouldn't get in (total rubbish!)...ahhh I knew she would! Clever girl! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)