Distincly Visual (1 Viewer)

HSC_killer

HSC
N/A
Im doing Run Lola Run as my prescribed text and i was wondering what other GOOD related text is there to match with Run Lola Run
Muchly Appreciated:spin:

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
not sure if you would call this "good" but I did Run Lola Run back when I was in Yr 12 and my related text was Shaun Tan's The Arrival

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
Tan's 'The Arrival' is a TERRIBLE choice for 'Run, Lola, Run' as many students already use this text for their ORT for 'Belonging'. I would definitely steer clear of this one (WAY over-used) and look for something a little different.

HSC_killer

HSC
N/A
thanks guys, essay queen, would you have any ideas of what other good related text available that would match up with this run lola run context? Thanks

Salehhh

HSC
I used a painting which related a lot to my prescribed text ( henry lawson)

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
thanks guys, essay queen, would you have any ideas of what other good related text available that would match up with this run lola run context? Thanks

I'll have a think for you! :) If youre hell-bent on using a Shaun Tan text (although I do suggest you don't) 'The Red Tree' is more appropriate with its use of contrasting colour etc.

Think of the themes & key ideas that are portrayed or accentuated 'visually' in the film... There is a big element of 'time' so perhaps you could look at some Salvador Dali works which deal with this concept. Also, remember that the related text does not necessarily have to have the same CONTENT as your prescribed text i.e.. Run Lola RUn. You DO, however, need to find one that has STRONG VISUAL ELEMENTS because the HSC exam question is not on the storyline or plot of the text, but the way in which ideas, concepts, perspectives, events etc are portrayed in a visual manner.

PM me for a few more ideas so I dont broadcast them to the world lol

CameronM

HSC
I used this photograph by Marc Ribboud. It was really easy to relate to Run, Lola, Run e.g. She's rebellious and desperate, just like the protestor, who is defying with determination the judgement of society, who are like the ignorant soldiers, who, like Lola's father, are ignoring the protestor's pleas..
I got full marks for my distinctly visual essay in the trial exam using this text. It's so simple because once you see it..it's kind of hard to forget.
riboud_marc_11_1975.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)