Distance Education (1 Viewer)

HSC
m.c.moey said:
Im currently doing Modern History by distance education, and i was just wondering if anyone can help me with tips and stuff if theyre doing it, preferably someone who has done distance education. I get work on a weekly basis and do that and send it back and receive feedback, what extra steps shud i take. and is this a good idea for hsc, do people usualy go good in it or tend to go bad?
i did all of yr 10 via distance education, and i have to do half of yr 11 with DE as well.

yr 10 was tuff, settling in, but i figured out u ultimately have to figure out what works for you.

since your doing one subject ...

- go through your material and figure out how long it will take you to do. set a number of hours per day (1hr?). in that one hour complete the work they give you and if u have time left over start on your own notes etc.

- make sure you don't rely solely on the DE material given to you, it is very basic material.. you'll probly want to get your hands on a book or 2.

also don't limit yourself to the work given by DE. make your own notes, do extra exercises, essays etc, and you can send those in for feedback as well.

remember that u will not only be doing the h/w but classwork at home as well, so naturally, u'll have to dedicate more time to it. u should treat it like any other period and don't slack off on the time you give it (i did that a lot...)

cn't think of nething else, so when i do i'll pop in later.

cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)