Disneyland (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
anyone here been to the disneyland in Japan, USA or Hong Kong?
ive only been to the hong kong one and it wasnt as good as i anticipated

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I've been to disneyland anaheim. pretty much what i expected. crowds, giant teacups, grotesque oversized mice stalking people...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ive been to the anaheim one too, pretty much what i expected American people. Funny thing is i managed to bump into a friend when we were in a line.

I think the Japan one would be so sweet.

HSC
i've only been to the one in california .. it's got a whole other side to it now (california adventure) which is pretty awesome. and there's this new-ish thing they have now, you stick your ticket in these machines at the front of the more popular rides, and it gives you another little ticket that says when to come back .. and when you come back at that time, you just stroll straight past all the dickheads waiting in line and get on the ride.

HSC
katietheskatie said:
i've only been to the one in california .. it's got a whole other side to it now (california adventure) which is pretty awesome. and there's this new-ish thing they have now, you stick your ticket in these machines at the front of the more popular rides, and it gives you another little ticket that says when to come back .. and when you come back at that time, you just stroll straight past all the dickheads waiting in line and get on the ride.
bahah fastpass <33 (helps for the 120min wait in line at space mountain.)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hmmm when I went there a second time I don't think I waited in a line for more than 10 minutes. That was 5 years ago. The first time though there were some pretty horrendous lines, the longest was for Indiana Jones which was seriously like an hour and a half, but that was back in 1997, I think it had only just opened.

kylie_robbo

Yeah... I can remember waiting in line for ages and ages for the Indiana Jones ride in 1997... But it had been open for about 18 months at that stage, cos it had been recommended to us by a friend who had been overseas 18 months before we went...

The other really long line was for Splash Mountain... We went in Oct/Nov (Halloween in the US!! ) and the lines for the water-rides-that-were-open were long... Don't think I want to see it in their Summer!!

And in 97, when I was 10, Disneyland (which the the CA one, Disneyworld is in Florida, and EuroDisney is haha in Europe) was bigger than what I could imagine it, and better than my wildest dreams... If you get the chance, make sure you go... So worth it.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
KylieR said:
Yeah... I can remember waiting in line for ages and ages for the Indiana Jones ride in 1997... But it had been open for about 18 months at that stage, cos it had been recommended to us by a friend who had been overseas 18 months before we went...
Well there ya go!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I waited the longest for pirates of the carribbean. Must've been about half an hour.

I was told not to bother with california adventure because apparently it sucks and is losing money anyway.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I've been to Disneyland in America at least 3 times. It was fun when I was little but not so good anymore. California Adventure which is right next door is much better.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Eek I hated pirates of the carribean, both times I went on it (like, 3 years apart) it had an horrific smell that made me want to vomit.

My favourite both times was star tours. Didn't mind Indiana Jones either, and Mr Toad's Wild Ride was cool too! And splash mountain when I was prepared to get wet.

I loved disneyland, I mean yeah most of the rides are fairly tame, but theres something about it thats....magical (wow I sound so lame!)

santaslayer

HSC
MiuMiu said:
Eek I hated pirates of the carribean, both times I went on it (like, 3 years apart) it had an horrific smell that made me want to vomit.

My favourite both times was star tours. Didn't mind Indiana Jones either, and Mr Toad's Wild Ride was cool too! And splash mountain when I was prepared to get wet.

I loved disneyland, I mean yeah most of the rides are fairly tame, but theres something about it thats....magical (wow I sound so lame!)
Tame it is. :uhhuh:

Japan's Disneyland is pretty crap if you're looking for excitement but if you're looking for "magic" or whatever, then that's the place to go. :p

The crap thing is that MOST japanese people buy the year long pass. This is heaps cheaper than the one day pass, and a lot of japanese go there on random days. this exacerbates the queue problem. the other shit thing is that the japanese one is one of the smallest theme parks which makes overcrowding a REAL problem..

other than that..it was OK..:p
\

funniest ride was the formula one racing car ride...

they employ people to say,

"Ready?"

"LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" in funni jap tone..ahahahaaha

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Star Tours is my favourite as well. :eek:

At the airport on the way home I got stopped in baggage check because I'd bought a little plastic lightsabre keyring and the security people were concerned it was a security risk (haha, yeah. I'm sure I could do a lot of damage with a plastic keyring).

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
yeah i've been to all three. the hk one just sux big time!!! the moment i stepped inside the 'magic' square, i knew my dollars have gone wasted.

The LA one was quite good. and in a day, we played like 12 games or something, quite satisfied. but it was expensive though.

can't really remember the Japan one

A1

HSC
N/A
I've been to the one in California. Like the US itself, it was one big wank.
We've got so many theme parks in Australia, particularly around the Gold Coast region that it doesn't make sense to go elsewhere. That's my opinion, anyway.

olchik

HSC
I went to Disneyland which is in California and it was the brightest impression of all the trip to the USA. I had so much fun! The scariest thing was Hollywood Tower, I think I will never forget it:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)