Discuss the role of the conservative parties and elites in the political process of G (1 Viewer)

mcstraw

hey, just wondering if anyone has some notes on "Discuss the role of the conservative parties and elites in the political process of Germany up until 1933" apparently, well my teacher had a '*nformed' stab in the dark and this could very well be one of the germany questions this year.
if anyone has some further advice on this topic, text page rerfrences...web URL's etc. it would be most appreciated. i really struggle with this syllabus point.
so notes! notes! notes! is what i need.
thanx a billion.

rama_v

HSC
I dont have any notes but the conservative elite basically just means the military generals, people like hindenburg, von papen and schleicher as well as the big businesses and the Junker landed aristocracy. you have to talk about how they helped Hitler come to power by undermining the democratic processes - they basically took advantage of hindenburg and both Schleicher and von Papen betrayed each other in order to become chancellor (u should look at the abuse of article 48) . Also the big businesses supported Hitler because they didnt like the Weimar Governments since the government suported the workers and had high taxes, and they gave teh Nazis the financial funding for their election campaigns. The best book I have come across so far is the one by Mason on Germany - I personally dotnj really like the one by D. Newton.

I hope they give us that question, its certainly easier than trying to answer on on Nazi foreign policy or social and cultural life

mcstraw

thanx, Rama. very useful. Yeah but mason dosent have much on it and i dont know wether i could write 10 booklet pages on it.
thanks.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
It's a little narrow to be a whole essay Q isnt it?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Found these on my computer, I don't know if they are much help but have a look at them anyway.

flashboy27

HSC
N/A
i doubt they would ask it cause i got it for my trial sorry buddy

mcstraw

righto, thanks guys for all your help.
yeah i think its a little narrow too.
thanks anyway,
its good to cover everthing.
caio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)