Discursive writing help (1 Viewer)

walkerwalker

HSC
Hi guys, was wondering if you could help me understand the whole discursive writing. I have an assessment coming due soon and have no idea where to start

I have to write a discursive literary blog based on “life is to be lived and each experience savoured.”

I also have to make reference to Robert Gray’s poetry in the response.

Thankyou in advance :)

studiesofboard

HSC
In relation to “life is to be lived and each experience savoured.” The reader may believe that life is not worth living or they may believe life is wonderful and they would make the most out of it. - two different perspectives - bias - showing and allowing the readers to form their own views on life. :)

beetree1

HSC
what is ur word count limit? if it is ~500, do 2 paragraphs and into and concl - one paragraph for and one against. if it is <500, do 3, one for, on in the middle and one against.

start ur discursive with something engaging, maybe introduce a motif that will recur in your response, or maybe an anecdote. overall, just make your response engaging and thought provoking

walkerwalker

HSC
what is ur word count limit? if it is ~500, do 2 paragraphs and into and concl - one paragraph for and one against. if it is <500, do 3, one for, on in the middle and one against.

start ur discursive with something engaging, maybe introduce a motif that will recur in your response, or maybe an anecdote. overall, just make your response engaging and thought provoking
The expectation of words is 800

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Yeah, Beetree1's word guide seems more realistic, I think 200 words to end it is too much!

Like ratios?
Intro to BP is 3:5
BP to Conclusion is 2:1

Last edited:

walkerwalker

HSC
In relation to “life is to be lived and each experience savoured.” The reader may believe that life is not worth living or they may believe life is wonderful and they would make the most out of it. - two different perspectives - bias - showing and allowing the readers to form their own views on life. :)
Thankyou this helped so much , just struggling how to reference Robert Gray's poetry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)