discursive help (1 Viewer)

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
All my teachers literally have the biggest smile on their face when I want to hand in practise work

Also with English, do you guys get in depth feedback for your drafts? Our teacher (pre-COVID) would let us sit with her at recess/lunch if we needed her to go over something or explain a comment we didn’t understand
[/QUOTE]

um I'm moving schools now lol. but that's actually so cool. it's refreshing getting a teacher who actually likes their job lol

may22

HSC
imo the only ppl that like english are those who then also do well in it
it seems like most ppl on this thread, including me, dont like it coz despite putting in effort we dont get what we expect lol

even when i do submit in responses she either takes about 4 weeks to return it or just says "sElF mArK yOuRsElF! rEfLeCtIoN iS iMpoRtAnT~~"
Wowwww...yeah there’s an extent to which my teacher says we have to be independent, but if anyone is struggling she sets time aside for them

Also, I see what you mean. I like English and I do well in it, but in general my teacher sounds very different to all of yours...small school stuff I guess 😅😅

And yeah, English is subjective marking, but I never thought of it in a way of favouritism or anything, just whether the marker actually liked your piece or not, apart from where it sits on the criteria

notme123

HSC
bruh nah
i go to a predominantly asian school and my eng teacher, as a white person, just seems to have an inherent dislike for us...she seems to favour the few white peeps in my class
english department exposed as most racist. ironic since it seems so much of english is centred about 'challenging assumptions' and shite. how vacuous are they?

uniqueusername1

HSC
Believe it or not there is some degree of bias. Especially for an asian going to a mixed raced school.

Maybe theres less in selective as they are all asian lol.

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
Wowwww...yeah there’s an extent to which my teacher says we have to be independent, but if anyone is struggling she sets time aside for them

Also, I see what you mean. I like English and I do well in it, but in general my teacher sounds very different to all of yours...small school stuff I guess 😅😅

And yeah, English is subjective marking, but I never thought of it in a way of favouritism or anything, just whether the marker actually liked your piece or not, apart from where it sits on the criteria
out of curiosity, how many ppl go to your school hahah?

uniqueusername1

HSC
haha thats what happens, me and my mate are brown and we coincidentally got the same marks for 2 of our assessments and we got dodgy feedback, it felt like they just skipped over it. for our multimodal task the reason I didnt get full marks is because "theres too much stuff in your poster" even though I spent like weeks on perfecting it whereas someone else got full marks for something done on word and she said she did it in 2 days. The teachers ignore us when we try to contribute and always call the ext 1 kids or the girls in our class, it kinda sucks because we genuinely try our hardest for the subject.
Not saying my teachers are racist but they just stereotype us asians who just focus on ext 2 maths and physics or smthn like that and dont give a shit about eng.
thats nothing lol. I send my draft 3 weeks before its due and she gives feedback the day its due (only get one sentence). These other blondies send it after me and get extensive feedback.

Plus when I look at my assessment feedback its vague asf. All it says is fix your links (legit everything else is goated and still a solid 15/20).

zizi2003_

HSC
thats nothing lol. I send my draft 3 weeks before its due and she gives feedback the day its due (only get one sentence). These other blondies send it after me an get extensive feedback.

Plus when I look at my assessment feedback its vague asf. All it says is fix your links (legit everything else is goated and still a solid 15/20).
DO WE GO TO THE SAME SCHOOL LOL

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
thanks nothing lol. I send my draft 3 weeks before its due and she gives feedback the day its due (only get one sentence). These other blondies send it after me an get extensive feedback.

ugh wow. so unfair istg.

zizi2003_

HSC
Guys this is unironically a collective experience dealing with english teachers. Lets go Common Module syllabus. I'm honestly surprised its just not me that experiences the same thing.
it's actually such a struggle tho, i wish someone could take a stand for english to not be mandatory anymore

uniqueusername1

HSC
it's actually such a struggle tho, i wish someone could take a stand for english to not be mandatory anymore
I wish i faked my english capabilities and choose ESL. Thats shits easy asf and scales higher than standard.

All I had to say was no english during the enrolment process.

Now i'm stuck in advanced :(

notme123

HSC
Guys this is unironically a collective experience dealing with english teachers. Lets go Common Module syllabus. I'm honestly surprised its just not me that experiences the same thing.
so the metafictive representation of the collective adversity of the human experience is resonated in Discursive help (2021) which ignites new ideas of how upheaval and sacrifice can unite individuals to garner a sense of camaraderie, expounding on the paradox of how technology, regardless of isolative connotations, can foster unity...

iflyjl

HSC
wait im so confused doesnt everyones schools like mark assessments without names?? how do they know who is who LOL

may22

HSC
If your teachers weren’t so biased/subjective, would you guys mind English as much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)