• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

disadvantaged school bonus points? (1 Viewer)

veronica6535

HSC
I heard along the grape vine.. probably not true, but schools who are considered 'disadvantaged' get bonus points towards their UAI ranging from 3-5 points?

Is this true? Or is it only if you apply for a certain course, and the university give you five points in order to be able to enter that course?

me121

Premium Member
HSC
veronica6535 said:
I heard along the grape vine.. probably not true, but schools who are considered 'disadvantaged' get bonus points towards their UAI ranging from 3-5 points?

Is this true? Or is it only if you apply for a certain course, and the university give you five points in order to be able to enter that course?
It is defiantly not done by UAC, and in any case would only be done by the uni if you put in a disadvantage form, if you can. However in this case it would only, or should only, be sufficient if you have a disadvantage, not that you went to a crap school.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I heard off my maths teacher that because i do extension maths and I live in a rural area that I get bonus UAI points due to the poor performance of students in rural areas in maths. I was surprised but its great for me

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
CSU and Southern Cross University will give rural students a 5 point bonus on their UAI if you apply and put them in your preferences. I'd talk to the uni's though if you are interested as there are a few regualations and stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)